Oct 25, 2009

October 19th ~ Week 7

Hello family!!!

How is everyone doing on this fine Monday! It just so happens to be exactly 2 weeks before I depart for the Philippines. I'm way excited and kinda freaked out. Cuz I realized this week how much I hate bugs when Elder Larson threw a HUGE praying mantis on me. I flipped out and my whole district laughed at me. It wasn't very nice at all, but what can you do.
So, Mom and Dad I hear you are livin it up in the tropics on a sweet cruise. Well let me just say, the MTC is way better than any cruise. Cuz here you get to walk around 60 acres of pure spirit. Oh yeah, its the real deal here, like you get to study all day and learn so much. Plus, you get three appetizing and TOTALLY filling meals here! I totally dont want to throw up every time they serve the cheese raviolli's either. It is so amazing! And in our residence halls, which you might as well call a 5 star suit, there is room for 4 and I get my own desk that 500 elders have carved their names on the bottom. It is amazing.. Pshhh, cruise.. Who needs them when you can be serving the Lord right?? I believe I have made my point. Now to the nitty gritty of this week.

Ok so I had an amazing experience in the RC (or Referral center for you NOOBS). So I was just doin my thing in the RC when my phone rings. I was like "Sweet! A call!!"... But yeah when I answered, totally not sweet. The lady was so mad cuz the missionaries didnt show up at her house when they said they would, so she called us to complain. I told her that she had nothing to worry about cuz I am a missonary myself. She was still mad, but not as mad. I apologized to her and told her that I could teach her over the phone if that was ok. She agreed so I taught her the whole first lesson over the phone. It was kinda sketchy but the spirit was there and she totally loved it!!! But thats not even the best part!!! At the end of the lesson I asked her why she wanted to talk with the missionaries and she said she didnt know, and that she felt something when the missionarys came to her door. I told her that it was the spirit and testified that it can let you know the truth of all things just like Moroni 10:6 states. She totally loved it and the spirit was so strong. Since the missionaries didn't give her a book of mormon I had one sent to her house. I committed her to start from the beginning and read every day. She said she would love to. But then I asked her to go to church on Sunday, and I told her about what happens at church and she agreed. So I got the address and meeting time of church and she and her husband are going to church. It was so funny cuz the whole time we were on the phone she kept saying "You are the best pastor I have ever had" it was hillarious. I just said that the spirit is the best pastor period. I dont think she understood but I hope you can all understand that through the spirit of the Lord I was able to teach this woman about the gospel. It makes me so pumped to go out in the field!!! So exiting!!! But yeah that's my amazing story of the week. I hope you loved it.

Sooo! Thank you Heningers for the goodies and thank you Mom and Dad for your letters this week. I think i got some other things but i cant remember what. But thank you so much for everything!! I appreciate everything! OH, and that paper towel thing was way amazing. It looked like i was rolling out a scroll thing, my district made fun of me but deep down inside i know they all wanted one. lol..

But this week was good for me. Stressful as usual but good. In fact, so stressful that my body started freaking out on me. Yeah, the Lord decided to bless me with another affliction. So, on like Tuesday night my throat started to hurt a lot. Like not sore throat kind of hurt, like hurt like I had a cut back there. So I went to the Health Clinic AGAIN!! like my
5th time... and they said that I have "Stress induced ulcers" in the back of my throat. It is a lot better now cuz I have been taking pills for it but yeah it hurt a lot!! I hope that never happens again... I guess my body just isn't cut out for the whole missionary thing. cuz I keep getting so sick its ridiculus!!

But, yeah, other than that this week has been kinda normal.. Nothing to report on. Oh wait!! I just thought of something! lol.. We got to be Hosts for all the NOOB missionaries. it was fun. it brought me back to my first day when everything was overwhelming. But, yeah, that's it!

I hope arizona is surviving without me! :).. I miss and love all of you!

Elder Hansen

No comments: