Hello family and friends!!
Kamusta po kayo?? I hope you all are doing well, I am finally done being sick and done taking those nasty pills. This week was awesome! Mainly because of conference!!! WOOT! I loved it! I took 19 pages of notes lol.. My hand hurt so bad! I wanted them to talk slower so i could take more notes!! The MTC needs Tivo. lol.. But yeah my favorite talk was Elder Uchtdorfs talk about love. I loved how he said love is at the center of all of Gods commandments. It applies to everyone in every situation, with Christlike love all of the worlds problems will go away!! It was so amazing! I love Elder Uchtdorf, he dominates. Also, I loved Elder Hollands testimony on the Book of Mormon! I pretty much held my breath through the whole thing cuz it was so amazing!!I didn't even take notes really cuz he was talking way too fast and I was way to interested in listening. It was pretty amazing!! Anyways.. I loved every second of conference.
We listened to conference in the big room where we had devotionals and stuff, but we had to get there at least an hour and a half early to get the cushioned seats. I calculated that i spent at least 16 hours watching and waiting for conference! It was amazing!!! lol..
But yeah, the language is coming along nicely!! It is owning my spelling capabilities tho. I always spell "C" words with a "k" and mix stuff up cuz the way you spell in tagalog is so different than english.. I started reading the aklat ni mormon sa tagalog! It took me 25 mins to finish the first chapter of Nephi, but hey, you gotta start somewhere! I had to look up every other word in the tagalog-english dictionary lol. But I did it and I understood it!! The second chapter is coming a long quite nicely too :).. But yeah, I can now testify, teach lesson 1, pray, and hold a pretty good conversation in tagalog. I can understand like 85% of what my teacher says. Whenever I dont get a word, I always raise my and and say "Ano ang _____ sa tagalog ba?" That way I learn at least 20 new words a day! It's so amazing! the gift of tounges is so real and I love it!!!!
So its been quite wet and rainy here this week. Yesterday we did our temple walk and it was pouring rain... Just my luck, I go out in my 100% wool suit with the $4 umbrella. And guess what happens... yeah,, my unbrella totally broke... The first time I tried to open it it friggin broke! so I had to practically hold it open so the rain didn't ruin my suit lol.. Yeah good times, the Lord just loves to test us. And sorry, I got the suit a little wet.. ooops!! I took some gnarly pics tho! woot!
Speaking of pics! you need to send back the memory card cuz the one I have is getting pretty dated and I want to send more pictures to you guys!
But yeah, thank you so much for all of your letters and for the goodies this week!! I loved them!!
Until next time!
Elder Hansen!!
Mahal Ko Kayo!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment