Jan 25, 2010

~ Prayers Answered & An Ocean Baptism~



Elder Hansen's new pet Beetle! ~~ Christmas Conference ~~ Pres. Anderson & newbies

Kamusta Pamilya at mga kaibigan!

How is everyone this week! I am doing just fine! First of all, thank you so much for your prayers! They were all answered with 1 baptism last saturday! I baptised Justine Garcia in the ocean! How awesome is that! And Tatay Garcia finally found a job and is continuing his progression towards baptism. So all of the problems from last week with the Garcias are solved! We had an amazing Family Home Evening at their apartment last night and they seemed a lot more happy! I brought my guitar over there and played some songs lol, my new nick name is Jason Mraz haha.. And to add to our success this week Elder Granadozin and I commited 2 people to baptism this week and they both accepted. We commited Joselito and Joseph Bathan to baptism and they both accepted!!!! WOOT! So, that means if all goes well on Feburary 20, 2010 we will have 3 people getting baptized! That will be my 6th baptism in this area alone, not including the other 2 I had in Baco. I am way excited for this week to get the ball rolling again!!!!

Anyways, the transfer list came out and Neither me or my companion are getting transferred. Whew! That means I don't have to become senior yet, which is a relief cuz I honestly don't think Im ready language-wise. But I am stoked to keep Elder Granadozin as my companion, our companionship is good! And the apartment is wayy nice!! I love it! haha We have a legit shower and bed, and a nice sink and refrigerator and all of the lights work and yeah, it's clean and has nice white tile floors. Not crappy cement like the other one.. But, yeah, I am way happy here in Balayan.

Ok, so experience time! hmmm lets see...
This week I had the opportunity to attend a kasalan (wedding) where they serve nasty exotic food haha... So I decided to try the Dulgoan (I think), it's basically chopped up pigs intestine swimming in coagulated pigs blood. MmMmM!! Right? Wrong!! So, I try it and it smells so nasty and sour, but I put it in my mouth and I immediately started Gagging... All of the old tatays were laughing hysterically at me, and so I run to the beach and I threw up in the ocean lol.. I got some barf on my tie too, lol. This will be the second time that I have threw up on my mission because of the food lol, I guess I am pickyer than I thought haha! But, yeah, that was a fun little experience. For that wedding they killed 10 pigs and they were butchering them like 10 feet from the dance floor lol, it was gross!

Next experience this week... TOTALLY CREEPEY EXPERIENCE! Ok, so, me and Elder G are walking down the road to an investigator when this old lady comes running over to me and starts saying "come to my house, lets have bible study" and just stuff like that.. So I was like "sweet yeah, this lady really wants to learn lol"... But, oh, was I wrong. Then she started saying that I was the son of Jesus and that if she could have a kid with me then she would be saved, and all of this stuff. So I was like Uber Creeped out! and just started walking away. Then she started to offer me money to have kids with her and stuff and it was really creepy, cuz she was just grabbing my arms and yeahhh.. you can pretty much imagine what happened. I just kept walking and ignoring her till she went away. It was crazy! haha wow.. what a life here.

Anyways, so Saturday, we had the Baptism of Justine Garcia! It was awesome! I got to baptise him, it was in the ocean where the others in his family are baptized. We started at 9 am in the church building and his sister Chary gave a talk. She has been a member for a month and in her talk she said it is her dream to become a missionary. It was so powerful! Then we went to the beach and I baptized him! The tide wasn't very high, so we had to walk pretty far out on to the reef haha, and when I said the prayer or whatever I had to yell it at the top of my lungs, so that the witnesse's could hear it. But nonetheless it was amazing!
Anyways family, I gotta go! My time is just about up here.
Next time I go to the SM I am going to invest in a card reader so I can send you pictures and videos through the email every week.
I love you all and sorry if this one is kinda short!
Until next time,
magingat (Love)
Elder Hanzen

No comments: