Feb 8, 2010

~The Adventures of Missionary Deacons~


Hello all!

Wow, another week has come and gone just like that. Time has been flying this week like crazy. I am really enjoying my time here in Batangas, even tho there seems to be little to no organization in our small branch here. Last Sunday was horrible lol.. barely anyone showed up to church. It is way different from the church at home where theres like 300 people every week lol. Our meeting house is literally a house that has been turned into a chapel lol.. It is really sad, but still I felt the spirit has people bore testimony of our savior. So yesterday we went on splits with our "Ward Missionaries" AKA Deacons.. Yeah, talk about palpuck (fail). So I got stuck with a 12 and 13 year old to work with for 3 hours.. Yeah, and let me just say, the deacons here are no different from the deacons in America.. They are loud, obnoxious and rarely serious. So yeah.. it just so happened that our appointment was in Boneville, the most wealthy subdivision in our area. Yay! lol.. So we went to the subidivision and the guards tried to stop us from entering, but I used my amazing tagalog skills and got us in lol. Needless to say, the kids were just messing around with each other and making fun of my accent lol, they are pretty much useless when it comes to missionary work lol.. So we got to the appointment and still the kids were just messing around, totally hard to be serious when you have two 12 yearolds behind you lol.. Anyways, so, I taught the whole lesson without any help or anyone to back me up. That day was a true test of my missionary skills and tagalog skills.. It was stressful to say the least, but I got through it and proved myself to be a worthy missionary in the Philippines lol. So, yeah, that was Sunday..

As for Tatay Garcia, he is progressing step by step, very slowly.. Elder Granadozin and I created a plan for him to quit smoking. What we did was we shared with him a spiritual thought about addiction and I gave him that Stride gum you sent me and told him that every time he has a craving to smoke to eat a piece of gum and say a prayer. We are going to follow up with him this week. I hope he has the faith to continue so he can get baptized. He has already recieved all the lessons, we just need to wait for 30 days till he can get baptized. Anyways, thats the update on him.
As for Joselito, he is progressing amazingly, not much to report. He has no concerns and is reading his Book of Mormon and is progressing amazingly. His date is still for the 20th.
As for Joseph Bathan, he dropped us. It hurt a lot, he was so close to being baptized, he said that he was way too busy with school and such. It blows, but hey that's the life of a missionary. We planted the seed.

And I think someone has a birthday coming up.. LINDSEY!! WOOT happy B-Day!!! I love you sister! And I WILL sing happy birthday to you on the 10th for sure!

Ok, I think I have time for one more experience then I have to go.. Ok, so we went on splits with the AP's this week and I went on a split with Elder Smith, a big,HUGE white guy. He is awesome and amazing at Tagalog! I was amazed at his teaching... I can't wait until I can speak like him!! But, yeah, we just tracted and found a few new families to teach. It should be good!

I'm sorry that this email is so short but I have to go now. I love you all so much! Thank you for everything you do for me!!
Love,
Elder Hansen

No comments: