Family and friends!
Oh, what a week it has been.. A week filled with happiness, with confusion and of course.. as always.. the spirit. Let me get started for you.
So, last Monday, we didnt really do much for P-day.. Just hung out at the apartment, washed our clothes.. YES BY HAND!! and yes, your hands do hurt after washing clothes for hours on end.. Anyways.. We just hung out and went and visited some members. Kinda boring... but what can you expect, it was transfer week so everyone was a bit confused. Anyways, so, Tuesday Elder Granadozin and I went to work as usual. The only thing is he was really expecting a transfer last week, but he didn't get one so he was like way trunky of this area. And he still is.. I am all of what remains of our dying enthusiasm. Elder Granadozin has been in this area for about 5 months now and really wants to experience something new. So, yeah, lets just say its been hard to really "put our shoulders to the wheel".. Basta, I still do everything I"m supposed to. I wake up at 6:30 have my personal study.. then I have a second personal study cuz we havent been doing comp study, my comp just loves his sleep.. Anyways, mejo tinatamad si Elder G. but that's alright.
Oh, what a week it has been.. A week filled with happiness, with confusion and of course.. as always.. the spirit. Let me get started for you.
So, last Monday, we didnt really do much for P-day.. Just hung out at the apartment, washed our clothes.. YES BY HAND!! and yes, your hands do hurt after washing clothes for hours on end.. Anyways.. We just hung out and went and visited some members. Kinda boring... but what can you expect, it was transfer week so everyone was a bit confused. Anyways, so, Tuesday Elder Granadozin and I went to work as usual. The only thing is he was really expecting a transfer last week, but he didn't get one so he was like way trunky of this area. And he still is.. I am all of what remains of our dying enthusiasm. Elder Granadozin has been in this area for about 5 months now and really wants to experience something new. So, yeah, lets just say its been hard to really "put our shoulders to the wheel".. Basta, I still do everything I"m supposed to. I wake up at 6:30 have my personal study.. then I have a second personal study cuz we havent been doing comp study, my comp just loves his sleep.. Anyways, mejo tinatamad si Elder G. but that's alright.
Anyways, back to Tuesday. We had barely any appointments on Tuesday, so you know what that means!! Tracting naman!! woot! lol.. Ok, so, we decided to go to Gimmamelas, it's a place that's way far from our apartment and yes.. we walked. So, we were walking.. walking.. walking... we saw a few monkeys, no big deal right? So after about 45 minutes my comp turns to me and says "Na saan tayo?" which means "where the heck are we"(more or less).. So, yeah, we realized that we had just walked 45 minutes in the wrong friggin' direction. Talk about total funniess! lol.. Anyways, Elder G was pretty upset but then I said "well there must be a reason why were here" So, we found a little park area and sat down and totally re-planned our day. We prayed that the Lord would show us where to go. And he did.. At first the people were like totally rejecting us hard core, but then we found this amazing family, whos name escapes my memory. But anyways, they are way cool and I know that the Lord led us to them. We taught them the first 2 principles in lesson 1 and they were way accepting. It was tight..
AH Pala! I will tell you about transfers!.. Ok, so transfer week was this week and boy how our zone has changed.. It is amazing.. Anyways, so my good friend Elder Lopez became district leader this transfer and he his senior over Elder Harris who was in the MTC with me. It is way cool to see him, cuz yeah, we are the same age in the mission and stuff.. And we got a new zone leader Elder Esplin, he is welll.... Lets just say a little bit strange. For a Zone P-day he wants to get PVC pipe and make spears and have a midevil war at the church.. yeahhhh.... weeeiiirrrrddd. Anyways.. Another one of my district mates from Mindoro got transferred to Batangas Zone, so were like one big happy family! I love it.. I am honestly so happy right now on my mission! I couldn't be in a better place doing anything better for myself or for the Lord or for my family or anything!! I love waking up every day knowing that I am a servant of the Lord even though I have trials every day. When I lay my head down at night I know that I am doing the right thing. I love it so much!! Wow, sorry for that tangent! I just want you to feel the joy I have here on my mission! I can't wait to experience more! Anyways.. so, our Pday was a lot of fun cuz everyone just got together and we all just got to know each other today.
Anyways, this past week we had another inturruption with the Garcia Family... GRR! So, yesterday we were going to go teach Tatay Garcia and when we show up at their house what is he doing?? Yeah, you guessed it.. Friggin Smoking. YUCK! So yeah.. Right now we don't really know whats gonna happen with Tatay.. we really want to make their family complete, but Tatay just doesn't have the will to give up smoking. He said that the whole time weve been teaching him he's been lying to us about his smoking problem. We are doing everything we can to resolve his concern, but we cant make him quit ya know? Elder G and I are gonna fast for him this week so hopefully we'll be able to continue his progression towards baptism.. So yeah, that's what is goin down here.
As for our other 3 baptismal candidates, only 1 is on track for baptism.. The other 2 didnt show up at church yesterday so were gonna have to move their date.. Here in the Philippines you have to go to church 4 times before you can be baptized. Joselito is the only one who came so he is the only one that will be able to get baptized on his prescribed date. so, yeah, that's what's goin on in my neck of the woods.
Anyways, family and friends.. Thank you for all of your support to me. Because you guys are so friggin' amazing I have been dubbed "The King Of Packages" lol... In the mission office they have a heiarchy of all the missionaries who get a lot of mail and I am at the very top.. They have a picture of me in the office lol.. It's awesome! So, thank you so much everyone!! I love you all.. And, yes, I am getting all of your packages and mail.
Well.. that just about does it for me here. I love you all and I shall write next week!
Salamat sa inyo lahat sa inyong pagmamahal sa akin.
Love,
Elder Hansen or pwede Hanzen
Anyways, this past week we had another inturruption with the Garcia Family... GRR! So, yesterday we were going to go teach Tatay Garcia and when we show up at their house what is he doing?? Yeah, you guessed it.. Friggin Smoking. YUCK! So yeah.. Right now we don't really know whats gonna happen with Tatay.. we really want to make their family complete, but Tatay just doesn't have the will to give up smoking. He said that the whole time weve been teaching him he's been lying to us about his smoking problem. We are doing everything we can to resolve his concern, but we cant make him quit ya know? Elder G and I are gonna fast for him this week so hopefully we'll be able to continue his progression towards baptism.. So yeah, that's what is goin down here.
As for our other 3 baptismal candidates, only 1 is on track for baptism.. The other 2 didnt show up at church yesterday so were gonna have to move their date.. Here in the Philippines you have to go to church 4 times before you can be baptized. Joselito is the only one who came so he is the only one that will be able to get baptized on his prescribed date. so, yeah, that's what's goin on in my neck of the woods.
Anyways, family and friends.. Thank you for all of your support to me. Because you guys are so friggin' amazing I have been dubbed "The King Of Packages" lol... In the mission office they have a heiarchy of all the missionaries who get a lot of mail and I am at the very top.. They have a picture of me in the office lol.. It's awesome! So, thank you so much everyone!! I love you all.. And, yes, I am getting all of your packages and mail.
Well.. that just about does it for me here. I love you all and I shall write next week!
Salamat sa inyo lahat sa inyong pagmamahal sa akin.
Love,
Elder Hansen or pwede Hanzen
No comments:
Post a Comment