Hello all my great family and friends!!
This week is definately one for the books! I have had a lot of fun serving, but our work has been slacking because of 4 days virtually lost to travel, service, Zone Conference and General Conference!
First of all, today we went on another hike, this one was a little bit more senic than the last one! There was actualy moving water lol! But, yeah, I don't remember what the place was called but it was close to Nagsugbu. It really reminded me of that slot canyon that we went hiking in that one time.. I think it was called "salom jug" or something like that, Dad you remember right?? It was a lot of fun! but it sucked cuz we couldnt swim or anything :(.. Oh well I loved it anyways! I posted pictures so you all should take a look!
Anyways, we have had a ton of service this week which is good but it really takes a lot of time out of proselyting.. But hey it's service naman eh? First with our branch last saturday, we cleaned up the side of a bridge.. (I think that's how you say it lol.. grabbie ang english).. Like we just picked up trash and stuff, it was super hot, and noisy, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.. And Dad about that little flip camera.. I gave it to the branch because they will get more use out of it than I will and nobody has a camera in the branch to record all of our church activities, so I gave it to them.. They were so happy and grateful to recieve it. My branch president says if you have more to send one to him lol haha joke! So next, we had service down in Nagsugbu where we helped a lady move.. And this move wasn't like the ones in America where theres like 12 trucks there and 50 people to help. It was just us 6 elders and sisters in our district and we literally had to carry all of the big items to her new house.. which was pretty far.. so needless to say, the work was long and tedious, but afterwards it felt good to serve!
THEN!! we had zone conference this past Wednesday which was a lot of fun. Zone Conference is always a great spiritual re-newal and I always love hearing from our amazing mission President and AP's! The workshops were about teaching skills and how we can better apply what we learn from Personal and comp study into our teaching. We had some mock situations set up and we each gave our turn teaching one another. It was pretty nerve racking because I was teaching in front of everyone then getting crituiqued by everyone.. But the workshop really helped and nobody said anything about my tagalog! So, I assume it's ayos na! Woot score one for me! haha.. But, yeah, after that we spent the rest of the day travelling home to our apartment.
THEN!! on Saturday, we watched Conference! Talk about Nakaka-TRUNKY(homesick) ang Conference! Seriously, as I was watching I was just thinking about all the times at home when I watched it and the Air-Conditioning of the church reminded me so much of home and it was all ENGLISH and holy mackroll.. I think that was the most trunky(homesick) I've been on my mission lol.. It felt like I was back in America watching conference lol. But it's all good! I enjoyed it naman! Both the Saturday and Sunday sessions were all AMAZING!!! with a capital A! I loved IT!
Anyways, before the Saturday sessions of conference I had the opportunity to attend the baptism of the grandchild of President Anderson. It was his daugters kid and she was SOO CUTE!! They came all the way from Utah to be baptized in the South China Sea, it was friggin' awesome! And the husband was an orthodontist, so it was cool to talk to him! I really think dental is the way I'm gonna go when I get back. It was fun!
So yeahhh... That's pretty much it for me this week.. Just busy, busy, busy every second of every day! And holy friggin' mackroll it's hot too!! all the time.. But it's all good! I am becoming a better missionary every day! Well, I can't think of anything else to write so I'm gonna go! I love you all and take care!!!
Mula sa isang napaka-guapong lalaki
Elder Hansen
This week is definately one for the books! I have had a lot of fun serving, but our work has been slacking because of 4 days virtually lost to travel, service, Zone Conference and General Conference!
First of all, today we went on another hike, this one was a little bit more senic than the last one! There was actualy moving water lol! But, yeah, I don't remember what the place was called but it was close to Nagsugbu. It really reminded me of that slot canyon that we went hiking in that one time.. I think it was called "salom jug" or something like that, Dad you remember right?? It was a lot of fun! but it sucked cuz we couldnt swim or anything :(.. Oh well I loved it anyways! I posted pictures so you all should take a look!
Anyways, we have had a ton of service this week which is good but it really takes a lot of time out of proselyting.. But hey it's service naman eh? First with our branch last saturday, we cleaned up the side of a bridge.. (I think that's how you say it lol.. grabbie ang english).. Like we just picked up trash and stuff, it was super hot, and noisy, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.. And Dad about that little flip camera.. I gave it to the branch because they will get more use out of it than I will and nobody has a camera in the branch to record all of our church activities, so I gave it to them.. They were so happy and grateful to recieve it. My branch president says if you have more to send one to him lol haha joke! So next, we had service down in Nagsugbu where we helped a lady move.. And this move wasn't like the ones in America where theres like 12 trucks there and 50 people to help. It was just us 6 elders and sisters in our district and we literally had to carry all of the big items to her new house.. which was pretty far.. so needless to say, the work was long and tedious, but afterwards it felt good to serve!
THEN!! we had zone conference this past Wednesday which was a lot of fun. Zone Conference is always a great spiritual re-newal and I always love hearing from our amazing mission President and AP's! The workshops were about teaching skills and how we can better apply what we learn from Personal and comp study into our teaching. We had some mock situations set up and we each gave our turn teaching one another. It was pretty nerve racking because I was teaching in front of everyone then getting crituiqued by everyone.. But the workshop really helped and nobody said anything about my tagalog! So, I assume it's ayos na! Woot score one for me! haha.. But, yeah, after that we spent the rest of the day travelling home to our apartment.
THEN!! on Saturday, we watched Conference! Talk about Nakaka-TRUNKY(homesick) ang Conference! Seriously, as I was watching I was just thinking about all the times at home when I watched it and the Air-Conditioning of the church reminded me so much of home and it was all ENGLISH and holy mackroll.. I think that was the most trunky(homesick) I've been on my mission lol.. It felt like I was back in America watching conference lol. But it's all good! I enjoyed it naman! Both the Saturday and Sunday sessions were all AMAZING!!! with a capital A! I loved IT!
Anyways, before the Saturday sessions of conference I had the opportunity to attend the baptism of the grandchild of President Anderson. It was his daugters kid and she was SOO CUTE!! They came all the way from Utah to be baptized in the South China Sea, it was friggin' awesome! And the husband was an orthodontist, so it was cool to talk to him! I really think dental is the way I'm gonna go when I get back. It was fun!
So yeahhh... That's pretty much it for me this week.. Just busy, busy, busy every second of every day! And holy friggin' mackroll it's hot too!! all the time.. But it's all good! I am becoming a better missionary every day! Well, I can't think of anything else to write so I'm gonna go! I love you all and take care!!!
Mula sa isang napaka-guapong lalaki
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment