May 24, 2010

~ Proud American ~ Hiking & Hot Days!!~






Hello People!!

Its your favorite Elder once again.. It feels like just yesterday I was typing my email to you guys.. time is truly flying like the great eagle of the United States.. I decided to hop on the bandwagon with Carter and show my American pride. Whenever people yell "AMERICANO, AMERICANO!!" to me I just give them a salute and sing "Im proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free".. it's pretty funny, I'm pretty sure everyone thinks I am a complete weirdo cuz.... they have no idea what I'm saying but it's still pretty fun if you ask me. I love messing with the little kids too.. They will try out their english on me usually by saying "What is your name" or "Where are you from".. just simple little phrases like that. Then I answer "Ano? hindi kita naintindihan. Hindi ko marounong maginggles" which in english is "What? I didn't understand you. I don't know how to speak english".. When I say that to them all of the little kids go nuts and usually start chasing me till I tell them to get lost lol. It's pretty fun! haha..

Anyways, about my week.. It has been good, tiring but good. First off last P-day we didn't really do much during the day cuz its so blasted hot here.. Like holy friggin' heck, I have never felt weather like this. You know how your hands get all pruny if you take a long hot bath? Well... That's how my hands are ALL FRIGGIN DAY. They are constantly pruny. And if any of you know me, I don't really sweat that much.. But here when you walk around you just collect water lol.. So, basically your like always hot and damp.. The Philippine's is basically one HUGE sauna right now. It has gotten a lot hotter here in the past week. .Anyways I'll stop lamenting about the friggin weather here.
So yeah, back to last P-day that night we went to Siniloan to play basketball, volleyball and yes.. my favorite.. Ping Pong. I suck at Volleyball and Basketball so I just hung around the Ping Pong table all night Pweeening all of the Nubs that dare challenge me.. We held a little tornament and yeah.. I didn't lose once. I can now officially say I have won a Ping Pong tournament in Asia.. So basically my life is complete now. It's amazing.... JK

Anyways, then Tuesday came along and we worked as usual. We Bumalik to Nanay Carmen's and yeah, she has got a little "WOW" problem. She smokes and drinks, and to be honest I don't blame her.. We just found out last week that her old husband friggin' burned her children then killed himself. She was being modest with her first story that they died of hunger or whatever.. we found out na sinunog ang mga bata niya ng asawa. It was way sad.. I really don't know what to do with this situation either. cuz Nanay can't read cuz she has no glasses so, it's really hard to teach her the gospel and she doesn't really fully understand the whole point of our lessons. So were praying about what to do there. That is really what I remember from Tuesday.

Then Wednesday, we had District meeting in Naman. It went good, I conducted and yeah.. that was that. Afterwards we came back and went to one of our progressing investigators, Mary Jane.. She is like way astig (cool)! She has 3 little kids and she reads and follows up on all of her commitments. We taught her the 3 kingdoms of glory and where we go when we die. She was way receptive and the lesson rocked my medias!(socks.. May-jus). Then we went to Longos and taught two teenage boys.. And I think I offended one of them because I asked him to read out of the Aklat ni Mormon and he didn't know how to read pala. So he like got up and walked out of the discussion. MY BAD!! I just figured since he was a teenager he knew how to read. So, I'm gonna talk to him on our return appointment and tell him I didn't mean to offend him and such.. Then we went back to Bro. Dino's house.. And I think I'm gonna have him draw a picture of our family. He just says he's super busy right now and when he gets some free time he'll make us a sketch from the pic where were all in the middle of the road. It should be sweeeett!!

Then Thursday came.. ZONE CONFERENCE!!! Woot! We went to San Pablo stake center and had an amazing Zone Conference! We all learned a lot. The subject was "Where am I?".. The AP's encouraged us to evaluate ourselves and look at our hearts and ask why we are truly on missions. It was very enlightening. And they also touched on the power of questions. Which made me realize that I need to ask more powerful questions to my investigators and such. It was all nice and dandy! And because I am in a new sector of the mission I got to meet a lot of new people that I didnt meet in Batangas. So, yeah, Zone Con was a big success! After Zone Con. we traveled back and I hit the hay extra early. The travel killed me and my comp lol.. Just Imagine travelling in a tiny van with like 20 people and no air conditioning for 3 hours. So, after the trip I was DEAD! But it was a good dead.. lol

Then Friday, naman.. We worked in the Sisters area because I had another baptismal interview. It went really well! I interviewed Sister Pilipina who was a victim of one of the big floods last September. Thats when she started getting taught by the missionaries.. Her story was way cool! Then we went around to some of the sister's investigators, I dont remember their names. But it was a good day nonetheless!

Then sabado came along.. and man FAIL on that day.. All of our appointments fell through so we spent the day going to less actives which is always fun.. I met a lot of new people and we basically just went around telling them that the church hasn't forgotten about them and that we need them at church and basically just got to know them and shared spiritual thoughts with them.. The thing is tho, it seems like all of the less actives live in the friggin mountians.. so, we had to climb and hike and yeah, it was just way tiring. Then we had a baptism! It was way cool to see another one get dunked!!

Anyways, Sunday.. We went to church and then had a heavy load of meetings afterwards and spent a lot of the day trying to track down the patriarch in Santa Cruz.. My comp doesn't have his patriartical blessing yet.. Problem?? Yes!! So, we eventually found him and got an appointment set up for him to get his blessing next Sunday.. the only thing is we have to travel pretty far for it.. so, it might take out of our work, but it's all good he needs his blessing..

Then today we went hiking to the Pinas Cross.. I think it's called. AND HOLYCRAP! It was so hot and the trail was so steep and I did not have a good time until I got to the top lol.. It basically was like 2 miles of straight upness until you reached the top of this mountain and there's like a little rest area and a water stand and stuff.. it was cool.. we got some coconuts and hung out on the top of the mountian for a while, it was pretty cool!!

And now I am here in the computer shop! Just typing like a mad man.. But now I think I am finished lol... Thank you for everything!
Maraming Pagmamahal,
Elder Hansen

No comments: