Jul 10, 2010

~ Missing Home, But Loving His Mission~





















HEEEYYY YYYOOOOUU GGGUUUYYYSSS!!!!

Guess who's trunky???? Yeah, this guy. Freak holidays blow on the mission, especially when you find out that everyone back home is like basically partying it up. Like what the heck.. Collin, basically my best friend got home, and yes... Monika, Collin, and Colton (my 3 best friends) all hung out .. WITHOUT ME!!! GAHH... then came the news that you all went to Lake Powell.. WITHOUT ME! Then to put the Icing on the cake just the knowledge that right now as I type this message, people are partying and celebrating and having a good time in America. GRRRRRRR.... So, here I sit, in the heat sweating up a storm typing on a piece of crap computer in the Philippines 8,000 miles away from everything I know. Here I sit, in a room full of souls that need saving.. In a room of people that I was called to serve. Even if sometimes I don't like the calling, all things are done in the wisdom of the One who knows all things (2 Nephi 2:26.. I think?). So, I will persevere.. If I have to....

Anyways, to add to the trunkyness, this week has been pretty Lukewarm as far as the missionary work is concerned. As you may know, the elections just got over here in the Pinas and new officials were called in my city (if that's what you wanna call it).. So this past week all of the people have been busy with setting up this huge celebration, like we have a ferris wheel and a little kind of like state fair thingy in our area. And this whole past week everyone has been busy building it... Let me explain a little better..
When I say state fair, just imagine an American quality state fair.. Then take all of the rides and run them over a few times with a bulldozer, then throw a little bit of dirt and grease all over it, add some friggin' loud music playing through blown speakers and Boom... you have the Philippines Paete fair.. It's like the Arizona State fair only like 100X less cool, and the people are at least 300X more creepy.. If you thought the "Carnie Folk" in America were creepy, yeah you aint seen nothin yet. Anyways.. Back to my point, during the day everyone is like washing all of their clothes cleaning their houses preparing meals and just Lumalabas (idk the englsih for that).. And at night they are all at the stupid fair thingy.. we barely got our 24 lessons this week by like the skin of our teeth, we friggin worked HARD! And barely had any numbers to show for it. anyways.. Its all good.

So I'll start from the beginning.

Today: (Lunes)

We were supposed to go hike to a place called "3 falls".. it's supposed to be super beautiful, but my comp and I declined from going because the hike is supposed to be super hard and it would have taken our whole P-day.. which means when we get back we would be way tired and sore which would hurt our work throughout the week. It sucks trying to work when your sore.. So, my companion and I made the more wise decision by staying back and doing more important things like cleaning the apartment, and shopping for groceries, etc.. So, yeah, and later I have an appointment at the DENTIST!! DUN DUN DUN!!! I'm kinda scared cuz the dentist's here in the Philippines obviously have no idea what they are doing.. I am saying this based on deductive reasoning. Let me explain... So, about 90% of the population here have nasty, brown, poop teeth, or they just have no teeth at all!!.. Which makes me think.. What the heck are the dentists doing here? Based on my observation one can soundly conclude that the dentists suck here.. So pretty much Im afraid to go to the dentist here cuz I might come out with filipino teeth lol.. And not to mention, a full cleaning is 200 pesos or like $3.. Yeah, questionable to say the least.. anyways that's our plan for today.

Last Tuesday: (Martes)

We had a good day on Tuesday and actually got a hold of most of our appointments that day. But we did a lot of running around, and when I say running I literally mean running! Like we would go to one investigators house and they would say they were busy so we basically had to run to the others house to set another appointment with them.. so we basically had to go to all of our investigators houses twice, once to warn them that we were coming and the second time was to teach them lol.. cuz we set appointments with investigators and we tell them that we are gonna come at that exact time but they all just forget and when we show up we always surprise them and catch them in the middle of something so yeah... But we taught Helen Encarnacion, she is a very receptive investigator.. We taught her the Plan of Salvation, Our Purpose in life.. Her eyes lit up and she was so happy to hear our message... She said that the message sounded familiar to her and she is way excited to learn more! It's just that she is so busy with work all the time so we can only teach her once a week.. I hope she progresses! And that night we taught Jun Jun Calisura and gave him a baptismal goal date for July 17, I really really hope I dont get transferred so I can be there for the baptism!.. Transfers are on the 16th wich means I would miss his baptism by one day.

Wednesday: (Miyerkules)

So, Wednesday we had our District Meeting and, as always, I gave the workshop being the great district leader that I am lol... But I gave it on recognizing the spirit. I had all the missoinaries get up and share a spiritual or uplifting experience that had strengthened their testimony, and then we read a passage from the Book of Mormon, I can't remember where tho.. dang it! But it was way good, and I talked about how we have all been blessed to have such amazing spiritual experiences in our lives, even unto conversion to the gospel.. I taught that we need to make our own experiences be our inspiration to go work.. We need to share our blessings, and our testimonies with others.. It was tight! I had a good time. Then after district meeting, we had our practice interview with Mary Jane.. Yeah.. I'll tell you more about that when I get to friday. Then we went to Ate Ferlin (You call teenage girls Ate -- Ahh-Te) She was a previous investigator that we dropped cuz she started to get a little too creepsauce towards me. While I was teaching she would like gaze into my eyes like she was in love with me and then when I would ask if she had questions she would just say "Do you have a girl friend?" and it like creeped me out to the max so we dropped her a while back. But the other day she came up to us and told us that she was ready to be taught again, and when we taught her I saw a big change.. I think she has gotten over the little crush and is ready to listen so thats good :).. But, yeah, that's basically our wed

Thursday: (Huwebes)

ZONE CONFERENCE!!! Wooot!! so we got up at 4:30 AM so we could be out the door by 5:30, and on our way to San Pablo stake center for our zone conference. When we got there we had a meeting for just Zone Leaders and District leaders, and there president Anderson asked me to give the talk in Zone Conference.. The subject was on the temple, so I literally had like 20 minutes to prepare a 5 minute talk about the temple, I didn't know what to do. It was so hard for me to prepare so I finally just said, whatever!! I'll just follow thte spirit. So, that's what I did, I shared a personal experience about when I went to the Nauvoo Temple and it was tight!! I don't really remember what I said.. It felt like I just hopped on a wave of the spirit and let it tell me what to say. When I got done there wasn't a dry eye in the room.. Basically it was like this... I had a spiritual atomic bomb and I dropped it and it made everyone cry. lol it was tight!! It was way good to see some of my old batchmates and friends in the mission it was awesome. but, yeah it was pretty funny, when we got home we had an appointment and I said that I was just gonna take a short rest then we were gonna go to our appointment.. and when I woke up it was like 11:30 at night and my comp was fast asleep. But then when I tried to go back to sleep it's like my talk from zone conference kept playing over and over in my head.. It was so annoying, so I went and brushed my teeth to get it off my mind and when I went back to bed then I was having these weird thoughts of my homecoming talk and it was in our chapel at home and I kept directing my talk to this little boy who was sitting in the front left section of the chapel just sitting there with his head down.. I just kept saying "Find a way to serve a mission.. and just stuff like that".. I was trying to inspire him to serve a mission and to love his mission and stuff like that.. So this thought just kept running through my mind and so I went to my journal and I wrote it down and then it went away kaagad and then a scripture popped into my head.. I can't remember what it was but i wrote it all in my journal.. I had some intense personal revelation that night. It was nuts!

Friday:

So, Friday morning we were supposed to go to a service activity in Sta Maria, but we decided to stay back and do weekly planning instead. It was sweetness.. then we went to Mary Jane's interview.. Apparently she had been shy to tell us that she smoked 2 weeks before her interview, so we have to wait another 2 weeks before she can be baptized. So, we will monitor her this week to make sure she keeps to her commitments. Then we went to a few other investigators and taught them.. kinda just played the cat and mouse game again.. It was a good but dissappointing day.

Saturday:

So, Saturday morning we decided to go back to some of our old investigators that we dropped this past transfer, just to see how they were doing.. We taught them and assessed their problems.. I shared with them the reason why we couldn't keep coming back to them and the importance of keeping up on the commitments and what not.. Then we had lunch and went straight to the church and I taught English.. holy freak, it was so hard.. It is way hard to speak english like fluently.. the words just don't flow anymore it's pretty sad. Idk what Im gonna do when I get home. Anyways, after that we just finished up our day and visited the rest of our appointments.. nothing really special happened.

Sunday:

We went to church and it was fast and testimony meeting, my favorite!! It was way cool to hear the testimonies of the members.. especially from the ones I recently baptized!! It was awesome.. After that we just went to a bunch of our appointments and we were able to teach a lot... AHH!! I'm running out of time.. I only have like 3 minutes left so I'll just end this now..

My week was good! I am loving it here! and I really hope I dont get transferreed! I am growing more and more attached to this area the more I stay here. I love my mission and doing the work of the Lord.. even if it is totally ruining my english.. ughhh.. it really blows. But anyways, thank you for all you do for me! I love you all

Elder Hansen

No comments: