May 24, 2011



Hey People :)...

This week for us was AMAZING!! But it was so freaking hot!!! Holy mackroll.. Summer is definately here in the Philippines... But I'll get started with why my week was so awesome. So first of all this week we really didnt have that many people punt us and for the most part every appointment we went to the people were there and ready to listen to us. It makes work so much easier when people acually do what you tell them to and read the scriptures and pray and all that amazing stuff.. So yeah I'll get started with some of our AMAZING progress this week.. With Toni Oliva (getting baptized this saturday), Her WHOLE family came to church last sunday!!! It was a miracle! Elder Centeno and I have been trying to reactivate them the whole time we have been teaching them and they havent come to church yet, but they came this week!! It was so gratifying and awesome to see them come back to the fold. Also Toni's dad has been keeping his commitments to us to read the scriptures and to prepare to baptize his youngest daughter. I can already see the light coming back into his life. He seems happier and its all because of what HE is doing for himself. I am so happy that I could help him. I sent you all a picture of the family last week.. its the one of the family home evening.. They all came to church last week.. it was so cool!
And little rosbell's baptism is all systems go for this saturday as well.. She is 9 years old and is too shy to let me take a picture of her haha but I will get one this week PROMISE. SHe just has to pass her interview which will be easy. We are so excited for that.. ANd funny story about rosebell.. So we had an appointment with her this saturday and it is the area of ward 2 or in other words its FREAKING FAR!! So we get on a jeep and ride to her parents house and when we get there the mom just turns us around and sends us the other direction to her grandmothers house where she was spending the weekend.. So we get on yet another jeep and take it back downtown then get on another jeep and take it out to the other end of ward 2's area.. When we get off that jeep there are some old railroad tracks that the Japaneze used when they occupied the Philps.. anyways so these filipinos have made these awesome little railroad car things and they get behind you and push you down the tracks.. like THIS and THIS.... So we ride one of those things for like 20 mins and finally come to our destination where little rosbell was waiting for us and then we walked for like 20 more mins in the scorching heat then taught her.. It was like a wild goose chase but a lot of fun!! I didnt take pictures of the tracks cuz I hate feeling like a tourist sometimes.. but that was a lot of fun haha
What else was awesome this week.. hmm.. On sunday we got an awesome referral from a memeber in tayabas.. They live underneath a bridge in very very humble circumstances but when we got there they immediately let us and fed us and gave us what little food they had and said, Elder we have been waiting for you for so long.. My husband became a member in 1996 and ever since we have wanted to be taught by the missionaries. It was such an awesome experience.. Almost the whole family had a background on the book of mormon and church history, yet they have never attended a church service, or even knew where the building was. The father of this family "Pacheco" (last name) was baptized shortly before him and his wife were married and in essence has raised his daughters in the gospel.. They just have never gone to church. We still dont have the whole story about why the dad was inactive.. he didnt really talk to us and seemed kinda stand off-ish.. But his wife and 2 daughters and their friends are really interested in learning. It was way cool..
Oh and did i mention that sister Jane and her husband came to church???? Yep! Totally happened.. I have been teaching sister jane for almost 4 months now and she has only came to church one time before.. and it was cuz we went and picked them up.. But this week she came and brought her husband! It was so cool! Elder Centeno and I were actually considering dropping them because they really werent progressing, but all of a sudden they started reading and now they came to church.. Both of them. It is truly a blessing.
To make a long story short.. everything that couldve went right this week happened.. Everything I have been praying for happend this past week. Our investigators are doing so well. I have 4 more weeks to harvest here in Lucena and I hope I will see the friuts of my work here. I am truly loving it.
I'll end on that note.. I love you all!!
Elder hansen

No comments: