Oct 26, 2009

Last Week at the MTC ~ Week 8

Hello family! How is everyone doing on this fine Monday morning. It is way chilly here in good ol' Provo Utah. There is frost on the ground and winter is coming. I just about froze walking to the temple this morning, but it was worth it!! This week has been way less stressful and I feel a lot more confident with the language and it has been nice! We have pretty much learned everything that we can know (conjigations, sentence structure etc...) all we need to work on now is vocab and practice speaking. So this week in class we basically just have gospel discussions in Tagalog, it is amazing! Our teachers tell us stories about their missions in Tagalog and I understand them! It is way tight. so itll be good.

So.. lets see, what did I do this week. Basically just went about another week at the MTC. Did a lot of personal and Companionship study. We taught the 2nd Lesson in Tagalog wich was way tight! We rocked it. The guy we taught was a native from Manila and said that my Tagalog was really good, he said he could tell that I was American but for 8 weeks it was really good and that he was able to feel the spirit and understand what we said. Probably our best lesson yet! It was amazing... The only hard thing was giving directions, for our Wika (language) task we had to give him directions from a bus stop to a church. I kept getting confused at where I was on the map and the whole thing was in tagalog so that didnt help at all either. But non the less, through a few akward moments and a few laughs we made it to the church lol.. Yeah directions are confusing in Tagalog.

I am getting so anxious to go! I got an email from a sister that left 3 weeks ago. Apparently she has been assigned to learn cebauano, iligauno, and ASL in addition to Tagalog. She said that everyone there speaks at least 2 languages when they get home. So that will be a challenge. But I am way excited to go!
I wish i could tell you more about what happened this week but It would all be study, study, study, class, class, RC, study, class, study. Over and over again lol.. Nothing really exciting has happened. I am just so ready to get out and baptize! AHH I cant wait!! I know the first transfer is gonna be hard and I will be drinking my Pepto Bismol like water, but I am soo freaking excited!! lol.. I just want to have real food! I am so excited for the airports cuz I will be able to get real food lol. The food here really is really bad, unfourtunately every thursday they serve their "BBQ wings"... Yeah I ate them like 2 or 3 weeks ago, and we had a Teaching Appointment right after dinner. Little did I know that the so called "BBQ wings" was LAXITIVE disguised as Chicken. I bet you can all guess what happened.. Yeah that was bad, I had raging diareah. Im sorry for the description but as missionaries we are supposed to be bold and to the point.

On that note I will end with how much I have learned from my wonderful experience here at the MTC.. It was a good time. I made a ton of life long friends here. It has been such an amazing experience! I cant wait to get the ball rolling in the Philippines. The field is white baby!! The sister that sent me the email from the philippines already had 10 baptisms lined up for the month of November. Yeah crazy! I cant wait!!

I love you all!!
Elder Hansen

No comments: