How goes it?? Today is totally my last day in the MTC and let me tell you it is the pinikamaluwalhati araw pa!! (the most glorious day so far)... I have spent the whole day up to this point packing my bags and weighing them many times. I hope I dont get stuck with a fat fee. You never know with those dang internationals. They'll get ya. But yeah, I am just so happy and excited to be done with the MTC and so NOT excited for the 33 hours of flying and layovers in SLC, LA, and Taiwan. It should be fun, we get to spend like 4 hours in Taiwan. I will send pictures for sure.
Ok, so, this week went by slow. Probably because it was my last week. It was amazing because our classes weren't as intense. We mainly just worked on our speaking skills and we taught a whole lot. I had 7 TE (teaching evaluations) this week. I love those, it's where you teach a teacher and they give you feed back and help you learn. I pretty much have the first 3 lessons down in English and Tagalog! WOOT!! that's what 12 hours of study every day will get you! Now I have to get the last 2 on my own, it shouldn't be too hard.
This week we had a bunch of departing meetings, and devotionals and such for all of the missionaries who are leaving this week.. One of them was about how to stay healthy and what bugs to look out for and what to eat, and we learned how to "politely" decline food lol.. It's funny. But the other one was about how to use an area book and just a bunch of stuff... I'll type the main points from my notes:
1. A missionaries main focus is on the people 2. Go with enthusiasm and SMILE!! :) 3. Stay Worthy 4. Have a conversation with everybody (stressing the word "conversation" dont just talk, converse) 5. Plan - Long term (1 week) and Short term (every day) 6. Teach 50% of the time and Listen 50% of the time 7. Keep active pools of investigators 8. Work with members 9 Keep a good area book.
Yeah, I dont know why I just typed that but maybe it'll mean something to those of you who are preparing to go on a mission. COLE PATTERSON! ... I cant wait till you get your call broseph.
I need your address. Email me!
But, anyways, my week was mainly focused on getting everything I need to done before I leave for the Philippines! Ok so Questions!
Question & Answer ~
1. What time is your flight and can you attach your itinerary to your email so we can have a copy? No. I can't email my itenerary. But my flight from SLC leaves at 8:15 (or 45)? and my Flight from L.A. leaves at 11:45. Then I get to Taiwan at 6:30 the next morning and don't leave till 10:00 am and I'll finally get to Manila at 2pm-ish, where I will have a 3 hour bus ride to San Pablo... Needless to say, I will be a zombie
2. What time will you be calling us on Monday?
I really dont know... We leave here at 4:30PM and I have no idea how long its gonna take with Traffic, check in, security, etc... Hopefully around 6:30 OR 7:00 pm But, no gurantees.
3. What time should Lindsey come by the MTC to pick up your stuff you're not taking?
No! I boxed them up and the MTC has a service where they take your stuff to "Post Mart" it's in Provo. I dont have an address but Post Mart will call Lindsey when the stuff is there, probably later today or tomorrow
Well Thats it for me!! Ingat Kayo!
Mahal ko kayo!
Elder Hansen



Ok, so, this week went by slow. Probably because it was my last week. It was amazing because our classes weren't as intense. We mainly just worked on our speaking skills and we taught a whole lot. I had 7 TE (teaching evaluations) this week. I love those, it's where you teach a teacher and they give you feed back and help you learn. I pretty much have the first 3 lessons down in English and Tagalog! WOOT!! that's what 12 hours of study every day will get you! Now I have to get the last 2 on my own, it shouldn't be too hard.
This week we had a bunch of departing meetings, and devotionals and such for all of the missionaries who are leaving this week.. One of them was about how to stay healthy and what bugs to look out for and what to eat, and we learned how to "politely" decline food lol.. It's funny. But the other one was about how to use an area book and just a bunch of stuff... I'll type the main points from my notes:
1. A missionaries main focus is on the people 2. Go with enthusiasm and SMILE!! :) 3. Stay Worthy 4. Have a conversation with everybody (stressing the word "conversation" dont just talk, converse) 5. Plan - Long term (1 week) and Short term (every day) 6. Teach 50% of the time and Listen 50% of the time 7. Keep active pools of investigators 8. Work with members 9 Keep a good area book.
Yeah, I dont know why I just typed that but maybe it'll mean something to those of you who are preparing to go on a mission. COLE PATTERSON! ... I cant wait till you get your call broseph.
I need your address. Email me!
But, anyways, my week was mainly focused on getting everything I need to done before I leave for the Philippines! Ok so Questions!
Question & Answer ~
1. What time is your flight and can you attach your itinerary to your email so we can have a copy? No. I can't email my itenerary. But my flight from SLC leaves at 8:15 (or 45)? and my Flight from L.A. leaves at 11:45. Then I get to Taiwan at 6:30 the next morning and don't leave till 10:00 am and I'll finally get to Manila at 2pm-ish, where I will have a 3 hour bus ride to San Pablo... Needless to say, I will be a zombie
2. What time will you be calling us on Monday?
I really dont know... We leave here at 4:30PM and I have no idea how long its gonna take with Traffic, check in, security, etc... Hopefully around 6:30 OR 7:00 pm But, no gurantees.
3. What time should Lindsey come by the MTC to pick up your stuff you're not taking?
No! I boxed them up and the MTC has a service where they take your stuff to "Post Mart" it's in Provo. I dont have an address but Post Mart will call Lindsey when the stuff is there, probably later today or tomorrow
Well Thats it for me!! Ingat Kayo!
Mahal ko kayo!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment