Nov 3, 2009

Elder Hansen has left for the Philippines ~

This is an exciting day for the B & J Hansen family! Elder Hansen left for the Philippines last night at 8:45 pm. He called us from the Salt Lake City airport around 6:45 pm, with a lot of enthusiam and joy in his voice. We were able to talk for about a half hour, as he shared his love of missionary work, the amazement of the gift of tongues, and how much his testimony has grown! Jeff sound so grown up, that I times I could'nt believe this was the same boy we sent from our home just 9 short weeks ago!
Elder Hansen is healthy and doing well. He is grateful to be over two bad sickness's that plaqued him at the MTC. Jeff made a video diary of his sick days, so we had the chance to watch them just yesterday. I'm glad I didn't really know how sick he was! Jeff kept a positive attitude through two weeks of fevers, infections, and throat ulcers, never missing a beat in his missionary studies.

We can hardly believe he's now around the world from home! Before we ended the phone call last night, Jeff shared his testimony in the language of Taglog. Barry and I both had lumps in our throats, it was sweet to hear and feel his testimony.
We will post his next letter when it arrives, so until then, pray for our sweet missionary !

We Love you Elder Hansen!

No comments: