Nov 24, 2009

~Beetles, smelly Mud, & Love for Dad~

Hello family and friends!
I am in Beautiful Puerto Gallera, the number one tourist destination of Oriental Mindoro and it is truly the most beautiful place I have been in my life. I wish you could all see how beautiful it is.

But I don't have very much time this week so I'll just type a little bit about what happened this week.
OK ,so first, Wednesday... Yeah, what a day that was. Ok, so we wake up and our area was Santa Rita, far south and it has a ton of rice fields. To get to peoples houses we have to walk on these little paths in between the rice fields.. these paths are for tiny little Filipinos probably about 6 in wide... Yeah tiny lol.. so we are walking to an investigators house and on either side of me is just nasty smelly mud. So were walking and yeah, the unthinkable happened. The path below my feet literally crumbled and I fell into the mud, taking my companion with me lol.. We were sitting in the mud in nice church clothes. SO we got to the investigators house and I washed up and it was all good. But, it was funny and kinda uncomfortable. I had to walk for a couple hours with mud all up on my grill.... FAIL! but such is the life in the Philippines.
Next, that night we go to the Santos family house and they have about 10 little kids running around all the time. so were teaching a lesson and then flys in this freaking HUGE beetle and it almost lands on my head!! I get up and scream "Ayaw ko iyen"!! which means like HOLY crap I don't like that. And then I noticed that I was the only one startled by the beetle and then I look over and the little kids were playing with the beetle. Then one kid tied a string around it and had it on a leash thing and he kept trying to make it jump on me and honestly I was freaking out and everyone was just laughing their heads off at me. It was not a Good time... But, people don't care about HUGE bugs here I guess. Oh well..... yesterda I attempted to teach Gospel Essentials class... FAIL!!! That's all I'm gonna say about that.

But NICK!! Dude congrats on your baptism man. Seriously that is amazing. I know that your life will be blessed so much from making that decision. Just remember that I am always here for you bro and that your never alone. Dude, my mission has been the hardest thing I have done in my life, but I know the Lord is always there to answer my prayers. Honestly bro, this gospel is the source of everything good I have in my life. I know it is true with all of my heart. I wouldn't leave my life behind and come to a 3rd world country if I didn't know that the gospel was true. I love you bro! Keep being amazing!

And Dad!! happy birthday! I got you a present and I am sending it out tomorrow.

Well I am out of time friends!
Love you so much! All of you


Second Part Of email received on November 23rd
There are some things I left out of the email this week.. first off. Our apartment got robbed, we think it was mangyans that did it. they stole 3000 pesos from me and my comp (60 bucks). Which was all of our money, so I had to dip into some personal funds this week for food and such. So, don't think that I am spending my money frivolously. But yeah, that also happened on Wednesday, the day when I fell in the rice field and what not.. Yeah, not a good day for me.

But anyways I just got back from Puerto Gallera, and wow! Beautiful!! It was amazing. A picture perfect white sand beach. Too bad its bawal to proselyte there. But yeah it was amazing, we went and just walked around on the beach and hung out for a couple hours, it was good.

Other than that all is well in the service of the lord!

I love you all,
Elder Hansen

For Dad:

Hey Dad, I miss you like crazy! Thanks for keeping the truck all neat and tidy! if there's anyone I would trust the truck to its you!! And happy birthday! me and my comp were doing weekly planning and I was like "sweet its my Dads b-day!" .. Just know that I am thinking about you, and every value you instilled in me has proven useful here in the Philippines. You are an amazing Dad and friend! And I know you care about me so much or you would've given up on me a long time ago. Dad, I am so grateful for you, and for your unconditional love for me. I love you so much and have an amazing birthday!

Your son,
Jeff

Elder Hansen

No comments: