Nov 9, 2009

Elder Hansen ~ First letter from the field~

We are happy to report that we finally received a letter from Elder Hansen. We now know why we didn't hear from him last week, because he was sent directly to his first area of service, Baco Mindoro, which is an island off the coast of the Philippines.

I have to admit, I was a little freaked out when I read of his living conditions, but I know the Lord knows what He's doing with all His beloved missionaries, So after a day of feeling uneasy, I have turned over my Son to the Lord. Tearfully!!

What a time for Jeff to grow and learn dependence on the Lord! Jeff is like me when it comes to bugs, WE HATE THEM!! so his creepy, crawly house guests are probably causing a few sleepless nights, and the overwhelming feeling that your not showering alone (he really probably isn't). I think in time and with a lot of prayer, he will adjust. His cousin Adam said it best "Someday Jeff will miss his jungle home and the sounds of lizards."

Pray for Elder Hansen, and if you have a minute, drop him a line or two! How grateful Barry and I are for gospel and for Jeff's desire to serve and share what is most precious to him. The Lord requires hard things, but like President Thornock always said, "We can do hard things"!

We Love You Elder Hansen

No comments: