Hello everyone,
So, let me tell you about my week here in Balayan Batangas! So, I ended up getting transferred to Balayan on the 18th of December and my new companions name is Elder Granadozin, he is from the Philippines, I can't remember where, but he doesn't really speak English so my Tagalog skills are improving cuz it's my only means of communication besides hand gestures and stuff lol... But, yeah, I have concluded that Balayan Batangas is like the Beverly Hills of the Philippines. It's right on the beach an there's a ton of mayaman (rich) people here. Like last night we went to a members house and it was actually like a house lol... Their bathroom was inside, (not out on the nearest wall lol) and they had a water heater which was way astig! So, yesterday we went there for dinner and it reminded me of dinner at home cuz we all sat around the table and there was a little flower bouquet on the table and everything, it was awesome! lol.. I hate to say it, but ayaw kong mga cubo at ganyien.. (I'm not gonna translte that for you! Ha!).
So, yeah, this week Elder Granadozin and I worked the more kawawang (poor) parts of town. And one family inparticular stuck out to me. First of all, they basically lived in a little hut made out of bamboo and slept on straw mats with dirt underneath them. So these people were very poor but they had one electrical sockit in their cubo and the father of the family had been saving for 2 years to buy a refridgerator. So, when we got there they were so excited to serve us cold fruit and water, it literally was all they had. These people couldn't afford to eat but they were feeding us. They said that it was their pleasure to serve us because they believe in God and they know that charity brings blessings.. It was very touching to me and made me realize how friggin' stuck up we are as Americans. Like I know that if some nicely dressed kids came to my door and I had no food or money, the last thing on my mind would be to feed them. It was honestly one of the most Christlike actions I have seen in my life. But, yeah, that's how the people are here. They are so kind and giving and willing to help.
Anyways, the area here in Balayan is pretty hard cuz a lot of people are super busy all the time working or what have you. It's hard to tract cuz nobody is home they are all out in the bayan (center of town) or at work. But, nonetheless, I love it here! So. just know I am safe and that I am loving the work here! I know the church is true and that I am a servent of the Lord! I hope you enjoyed my email! Lol... I will send a separate one for just my Christmas!
I love you all!
Elder Hansen
I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment