Hello,
This week was way cool.. First of all, I got to get off this island for a couple days which was nice.. I had my first zone conference In the Lipa stake center. It was way cool because it was the Christmas conference. We played games, had a sweet testimony meeting (yes I bore my testimony), and President Anderson gave a sweetness talk too.. It was pretty rad to say the least.. I ate at KFC, and I tried Balut.. you'll see what it is when I send the memory card. I am sending it today by LBC so it should get there before Christmas. Sorry I haven't sent it earlier but it's an hours walk to the post office and I don't trust Phil-post with expensive or valuable things. So, the only time I can really send things is when I am in the city or when I go there for P-days... So, yeah, things like that on the island are tough..
Anyways, I went on splits this week with Elder Byers, my zone leader. I only have 1 more week with my comp, he will be transferred on the 18th. so yeah.. but anyways. about the split, it was way cool I got to work in Calipan, the city of Mindoro which means normal people with normal stores (sorta) and paved roads. It felt nice to be in a civilized place again lol.. But, yeah, we went around to a bunch of different people and they were way friendly. One guy we taught was Filipino and he lived in Arizona for 15 years... way astig! he spoke pretty good english! It was fun! But the funny thing was that Elder Byers lost his voice halfway through the day so I had to teach like ALL of the lessons without any help! it was kinda hard but hey, sometimes you just gotta laugh at yourself.. I definitely said that Jesus killed the evil people.. I got a weird look. then I corrected myself.. So I am learning! lol
But, yesterday I definitely learned what it means to fast.. I had an amazing, yet simple experience with fasting. So, yesterday was fast Sunday and I decided to fast. So I opened it and everything and it was way cool cuz i felt the spirit way strong cuz I totally needed the things I was fasting for. I loved it.. everything is better on a mission.. But then later we were tracting and someone offered us food and I didn't know how to refuse them so they wouldn't be offended.. so I just prayed and I was able to explain fasting to an investigator and they completely understood it was way tight. I really felt the blessings of the lord through my fast. It was astig (cool)..
So my tagalog seems to have plateaued.. I am not really learning much more right now.. It's hard with a filipino companion cuz he can answer the how to say it but not the Why.. idk if that makes sense.. I guess you can only learn so much through listening. But I have been studying like crazy too.. I am receiving the language grace by grace..
Questions!!
1.Have you sent us any memory cards yet?
I am sending one today through LBC so it should be quick
2. What was your greatest challenge this week?
My comp... end of story.. He has some issues he needs to get resolved
3. What was your best experience this week?
Probably going on splits with Elder Byers and having to teach all of the lessons! He is a super nice guy.
4. How long do you think you�ll be in Baco Mindoro?
I really dont know.. I know my comp is getting transferred on the 18th. so i could go to a different spot or he could.. If i dont leave here on the 18th ill probably be here till february.
5. How is your health?
I really dont know.. good?? I have had a little bit of asthma from some allergies, but I got an inhaler so it's all good.. So good I guess.
Well, family that's all for now! I love you all so much until next week
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment