This is Elder Hansen reporting from Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro. So, let me tell you what happened.Back on Tuesday, Elder Tuazon and I were having companionship study and the Zone Leaders show up at my doorstep. The first thing that they say is "Elder Hansen, pack your bags your coming to Calipan and your not coming back to Baco"... I was somewhat sad and somewhat relieved that I was going to be out of that situation. So, needless to say I packed my bags and went to Calipan. I have been here since Tuesday working with Elder Byers.. He is a way cool guy and I am a lot happier.
So, yeah, nextly... A filipino girl told me that I had good swagger last night. It was way cool! I was like "yeah... what can I say? I am basically a celebrity here, hahahahaha!"... it is funny. Everyone treats white people like they are celebrities. but yeah, that was a funny experience.
Anyways, the work here in Calipan is going well! My teaching still is not that good. I am able to teach a couple principles and then testify, but that's about it.. Yesterday, my comp dropped like at least 30 spiritual bombs on our investigators. he is the man!! I hope to be able to speak tagalog like Elder byers one day.
Oh! and I had my first two baptisms here in the Philippines on Saturday! IT was way cool.. they were two of my investigators from Baco, Sister Malu Santos and Sister Melinda Lugatic. they are amazing! They are one of the reasons that I am sad to leave Baco. But it'll be ok... SO,yeah, even cooler, I baptized both of them in a friggin RIVER! yeah, it was intense! I loved it and the spirit was way strong!
Elder Byers and I are teaching an investigator named, Sister Ivy. IT is so amazing when we teach her the spirit is so strong. And every time we go to her she has a list of questions that she asks and last time I was able to answer one lol WOOT for me!...
I guess the overall message of this email is I am way happier here in Calipan and I feel the spirit so much all the time and wow it's just amazing!
Well, I cant wait to call next week! I love you all.. I gotta go Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment