
This week was not one to write home about.. We'll just leave it at that. Don't worry all, I am not trunky or anything just the work here in Balayan has come to a screeching hault. I have been praying and fasting for it to pick up but it just keeps getting worse... GRR! Such is the life of a missionary I guess.
Let me explain what happened..
Ok, so, it all started last Sunday when we found these totally amazing investigators so we were all syked (freak my spelling) to go teach them this week. We went to their house on Tuesday and they punted us, but told us to come back on Thursday, No problem right?? WRONG! Problem! It just so happens that the day they told us to come back was the same day that they just happened to go to Manila. So, Jake! Go find them and teach them! lol... And another big thing happened as well.. The Ormanenta Family dropped us. We have been teaching them for about 3 weeks now and they were progressing quite nicely. Until Saturday night when we went to them and they basically just said they weren't interested any more.. BUMMER! 5 investigators.. GONE! oh well, it's not their time.. Anyways, next! The Garcia family probably the pinkaastig (coolest) family we have been teaching. So, let me start from the beginning!
So, right after the Ormanenta Family dropped us we decided to go to our next appointment! Tatay (43 yrs.) and Justin Garcia (14 yrs.), but on the way we saw Justin riding his bike with a cigarrette in his hand. So I stopped him and asked him who it was for and he said it was for his dad, Tatay Garcia... Yeah, you know what that means.. Tatay had been lying to us, he told us that he hadn't been smoking but really he had.. So, we had to move his baptismal date. But when we did so, the family became offended and Nanay Garcia and Elder Granadozin (he has a sort of hard head) started arguing in tagalog.. I couldnt really understand cuz it was fast. So, I said a quick prayer and asked God to give me the words to calm the situation down. So, after the prayer I still didn't know what to say, but I just decided to trust in the Lord and speak even tho I had no idea what to say. So, I started talking.. I said "I have something to say....." then after that I honestly don't remember what I said. But I just started babbling in Tagalog and the Spirit entered the room and everyone fell silent.. I talked for about 5 minutes. and when I was done there was a good 10 seconds of silence. Then Nanay got up and gave me a hug and we continued with the lesson. It was one of the weirdest experiences of my life. Cuz I had no idea what happened. We just taught after that like nothing even happened and now everything is fine with the family... Thats the power of the spirit. anyways... that's what happened.
Hey parents, sorry I've been using my personal money so much.. I bought a new dish dryer thing after I saw a coating of mold on the bottom companioned with a Dead Lizard. And I had to go to the doctor to get a check up and buy medicine and stuff.. Oh, and our zone had some sweet basketball jerseys made! It's amazing!! And I may or may not have ate at McDonalds a few times... oops.. Sorry :) I hope you aren't mad.. This next transfer I plan on sitting down and doing some Hard CORE budgeting.
Anyways.. Yeah.. The work here is uhh.... ok. haha. But my spirits are better than ever!! I just hope I can keep my companion motivated cuz he is close to being transferred, and he is getting kinda trunky from this area, so he really doesnt like to work all that much. But it's all good.. I put my foot down and tell him I am never gonna learn tagalog and souls arent gonna be saved if we mope around lol. So that's how it is lol..
Anyways, Thank you everyone who has sent me packages and such! It really means alot!
And Chris dude! Welcome home man, how exciting! Dont start life without me man! Haha I love you and best of luck in school and such.. I can't wait to see you all again! How crazy! In a few weeks I start my 6th month here in the mission.. WOW! talk about light speed!! I still feel so friggin' young compared to everyone else.. I still feel so inadequate sometimes tagalog-wise but I can teach all of the lessons and pray and hold a decent coversation.. Not bad for 10 weeks in the Philippines? haha.. I know I will get better! Grabbie ang time! haha..
Well family, I love you! and if you love me you will send me some wet-naps so cuz I used them all when I had my Large Bowel Movement. haha..
Thank you for all you do back home, I love you all!!!
Mahal ko kayo!
Elder Hanzen
No comments:
Post a Comment