Kamusta kayong lahat!!
This week has been good overall. I have had to excercise a lot of patiences this week with my companion, but I think the situation is getting better. Granadozin seems to be showing more of a desire to work, which I am grateful for. I encourage him a lot to keep on going despite his hardships. That's all I'm gonna say there.
So, second of all, we had a baptism. Joselito Alaras was baptized on Saturday!! It was amazing! We baptized him in the South China Sea just like all the other baptisms of ours. There was only about 7 people who attended the baptism and it was still the same. Elder Granadozin did the baptizing and I watched from the beach. It was such an amazing experience! I love each baptism! He is my 8th since I have been out! It's awesome! This transfer has been pretty fast.. The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days sometimes.. It's crazy. I can't believe that February is already over.
But this week is Zone Conference! Elder Ko, from the Philippines area Presidencey is coming to speak to us, so it should be amazing! That means I get to travel to Lipa which is way cool! It will be good to get out of Balayan for a day and see some new scenery.
Anyways, experiences this week.
So, I went on splits with Elder Harris this week, him and I are in the same batch.. so weve both only been here for 4 months. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous cuz our tagalog isn't all that great, but honestly it was an amazing experience!! Him and I did amazing together, we taught 6 lessons and got 13 new investigators.. Yes... you heard me.. 13 in one day!!!! that is the power of being an American. When people see 2 tall Americans walking down the street they are more willing to let us in just on the curiousity factor. But then, when they let us in they realize that we speak tagalog and they are a lot more receptive to our message.. So we got like 5 new return appointments and 13 new investigators. I was mad that we were working in Calaca instead of Balayan, cuz that means that Elder Harris gets to reap the fruits of our labors there lol. It was cool!!
What else happened this week..
Oh, so I gave all of those gifts from the valentines package to the kids in our branch and they were OBSESSED with the bubbles lol.. They were going nuts! it was so cute! Honestly, they have the cutest babies here in the Philippines. I love it!
So, we had Zone Meeting this past Wednesday in Lemery, and it is tradition to go eat at McDonalds after zone meeting.. No big deal right?? wrong! So I make my order, Big Mac UPSIZED of course with a coke and a coke float (coke and ice cream SO GOOD!!).. Anyways so, the guy hands me my tray with the drinks and everything on it and BOOMMM!!! Everything fell to the floor, getting me covered in Coke and soaking this little old lady behind me. It was by far the most embarassing moment of my mission so far. Not good at all!!
Anyways, my time is up here! Thank you for everything that you do for me!! I love you all!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment