Feb 15, 2010

~ Doing Just Fine in Batangas~


Hello family and friends!

First and foremost, Happy Valentines Day to you all! I am doing just fine here in Batangas. This week was ok I guess... My comp is very depressed because he hasn't had any contact with his family since Christmas. Whenever P-day rolls around he isolates himself from the group and just doesn't talk to anyone.. Last P-day I talked to him and he expressed his feelings to me, I won't make them public, but I really dont know how to help him. All I can do at this point is just endure through this companionship. I am just trying to help him the best way I know how.. Last week I fasted for him so keep him in your prayers.

So, our work this week was meager to say the least. I really am ashamed of myself this week, we really only contacted members for referrals and went to our important investigators. We went to see Tatay Garcia and he seems to be doing well, but our progression with him has come to a hault. He doesnt seem to be progressing toward baptism, but his addiction with smoking is getting better. So, we are supporting him in that, and once his concern is resolved we are going to give him a baptismal date again. As for Joselito, he is doing amazingly!! We finished the Discussions with him yesterday and he is way excited for his baptism this Saturday! I am excited too!

So, for P-day earlier today we went hiking in the mountians to some waterfalls. It was way fun!! But the only bad thing is I FORGOT MY CAMERA!! And I tried to upload some other pictures but my friggin' card reader broke.. It was only a dollar lol... So, maybe in your next package you can send me a Legit card reader for "XD" memory cards. Cuz I've bought 2 here and they have both broke after one use.. And the other ones are way expensive. Thanks

Anyways, experiences this week.. hmmm....
Ok, so, on Thursday I met my first Muslim, it was an interesting experience. So, we walk like 30 minutes outside of town because we got this referral from Sister Baby.. First of all let me tell you about Sister Baby. So,Sister Baby thinks that she has the priesthood. Last testimony meeting she got up and basically told everyone that an angel appeared to her and conferred the priesthood to her or something like that, I didn't understand it all but that's basically what she said. She said that she gave her daughter a blessing with oil and everything... WEEIIRRDD!! but hey that's the Philippines. That's like my motto, every day you are bound to see something COMPLETELY RANDOM here. Anyways, so we went to this referral from Sister baby and it turns out that this lady is like a devout Muslim and didn't even claim to know Sister Baby. So, we were like way weirded out. Second of all, she has a big problem with Americans lol.. Yeah, shes like that... So, we asked her if we could share a quick message with her. She accepted on the condition that I wouldnt say anything. She said that everything the Americans say is wrong, but that she would listen to Elder Granadozin. lol.. Anyways, so, long story short, we had a very, verryy, VERYY, akward 20 minutes in this lady's little house/shed thingy. It was super weird!! Needless to say, we aren't going back there. So yeah, referrals from Sister baby are not very reliable, even though she is the only female with the priesthood LOLOLOL!!

Ok, so, second experience. We went tracting this week in Santol, another far Barangy (town) in our area. It was awesome, we stop at the first house and they let us in to teach! WOOT! So we teach the first 2 principles and ask if anyone else they know would be interested. They told us the next door neighbor, so we went there.. Bam!! Another lesson!! 4 investigators in 30 minutes!! bam.. how's that for missionary work! lol it was cool! I wish we could work every day.. But some days Elder Granadozin is just super depressed and he doesnt wanna work.. But I have decided to look at his strengths rather than his weaknesses.
Anyways people, that is my week this week! I hope you all loved it!! Sorry no pictures, my card reader broke AGAIN! please send me a good one! If you do I promise to post pictures every week!
I love you all! And I hope your valentines was amazing!
Love
Elder Hansen

No comments: