Hey Dad,
First of all, sorry I haven't been replying to all of your emails, I only have an hour every week to email and I usually find myself out of time after my big email. Thanks so much for getting that package sent off to me! I promise that when I get it I will upload pictures every week to my picasa! I will try to do the videos as well.
Anyways, the truck looks so amazing Dad! Awe man, I miss my truck so much haha.. Take good care of it for me! I know you will. But what is this news about the cirrus? I thought you were a Cessna guy :).. I guess your gonna have to switch out all of your Cessna t-shirts to Cirrus now haha. But that's awesome that it's got a glass cockpit and everything! Osh Kosh 2012 here we come! That'll be great!
Anyways, I think I'll share with you one experience that I had this past week. So, this past week was zone interviews with President Anderson. I love having interviews with him because he reminds me so much of you. His concern for me is exactly as if you were here in the mission helping me along. Anyways, we had a good interview and just chatted about how I am doing and about how the family is doing. I told him that through all of my trials and hardships I am growing stronger every day. In the past 2 companionships I have had, not one of them has been easy. The first companion I had to deal with him having ************ tendancies, and now my second companion I have had to babysit my companion through a Dear John letter. I have truly been refined in these past 6 months. I have had to rely on the Lord so much in these past 6 months it's not even funny. I have been strengthened by my willingness to serve and by my obedience. If there is one thing I would have you tell the future missionaries it would be this:
You absolutely have to have a clear mind, true heart, and sincere purpose when you serve. Let your obedience be exact and don't waver one bit; if you do, the world you are serving in will chew you up and spit you out. And you WILL fail. They aren't kidding when they say serve with all your heart, might, mind and strength.
For the first time in my life I am giving my everything to the Lord and I am recieving twice as much in return. I will return with honor.
Your Son,
Elder Hansen
I love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment