Mar 18, 2010

~ New Companion In Balayan Batangas~

Family and mga kaibigan!

So, I bet everyone is waiting for the big news.. Did I get a new comp? Did I get 2? I will tell all of you guys later.. Lets start from the beginning.

So, this week has been a successful failure.. lol.. The last week of Elder Granadozins transfer we hardly worked with our investigators. All we did was go around to member's houses and eat and say good bye to all of the members. We ate so much cuz everyone we went to fed us.. I was soo friggin' stuffed!

Thursday was our last day in Batangas and we went to visit the Garcia family, Elder Granadozin cried like a baby when he had to leave them.. They are an awesome family! But then we went to Lemery to sleep for the night because it is close to the bus station to Laguna (where the mission home is).. that night we went to one family and visited them, this guy was like 60 years old and had one tooth but OH MAN!! He was friggin' hilarious!! He would just crack joke after joke and it was a lot of fun.. He called himself "Party people" he would just say "its ok, I am party people" lol.. I love it when the filipinos try to speak english, it is so funny. But, yeah, that was a lot of fun! Later that night we all went out to a fancy resturaunt, "Max's Diner" probably the equivealent of Applebees in the states.. But here that is like the best dining gets lol. It was nice, but sorta expensive haha.. Oh well!

So, we got to transfer day and all of the new missionaries were wide eyed and exhausted just like I was on my first day in the Philippines. When I saw them it really made me realize how far I have come since my first day here. It was a big confidence boost.. So, were sitting there waiting for our name to be called, then finally it was annouced that Elder Granadozin will be transferred to San Pablo City, and his new comp is a brand new American.. yeah, Elder Granadozin is training... Dangerous? Yes!! I just hope he shapes up and trains the missionary right. Then my new comp -yes, singular- was announced. His name is Elder Pilacio and he is a huge filipino from Mindinaw, like the most dangerous place for americans on the planet lol... He speaks Visais, so he is still learning tagalog as well.. He has been in the mission for 10 months and is way friggin' nice... although he could kill me in 13 seconds if he wanted to lol.. He is a trained police officer and is 25 years old.. He couldnt go on his mission when he was 19 because he had tuberculosis. He is a super hard worker and I am excited to work with him! It's just kinda akward at first.. sort of an adjustment. But we'll be good friends in no time!! I know it! The past couple days weve been a companionship we have been going to a lot of our previous investigators trying to re kindle our teachings with them.

So, now for the experience of the week SUNDAY.. DUN DUN DUN!!!!
So, yeah, as you all know our branch is like SUPER disorganized.. Like its absolutely pathetic.. Yesterday our branch president didnt even show up to church. FAIL!! Luckily there were two visitors from Nagsugbu to help run things.. I really dont know whats gonna happen to the branch here. There was only like 20 people at church yesterday and absolutely no leadership. If I report that to president the branch could close here and I could get transferred out of this area. The branch is so horrible here and it seems to be getting worse and worse the hotter it gets. But, the nagsugbu leaders just said not to worry about the branch, that it is their responsibility... not the missionaries.. So were trying to continue on without the support of a branch.. it's truly very trying.. Every time I see our branch, i just feel weakened. But I will continue on nonetheless!! Please keep the Balayan Batangas Branch in your prayers. Anyways..

Thanks for telling me you were going to disneyland family lol!.. Way to leave me out haha.. Just kidding. Have fun guys! Oh and Dad!! GET THE PLANE!! DO IT! haha it sounds awesome!
But, yeah, I gotta get going! I love you all and keep me in your prayers!
Elder Hansen

No comments: