Kamusta at magandang araw sa inyong lahat!
This week was a really good week here in Balayan! Elder Granadozin and I worked a lot and actually got a lot done here. We just found out that Elder Granadozin has a transfer, so I will be getting a new companion on Thursday. But the funny thing about that is, that the AP's brought another bed and two new mattresse's to our apartment, so I think that I will be getting 2 new companions. I will definately let you guys know what happens! So, as for this week a lot happened!
First of all, we had zone interviews with President which was amazing!! I love every opportunity that I get to talk with President Anderson! He is an amazing man! and he is really busy all the time. I feel bad for him sometimes cuz our mission is so spread out, some days he has to travel 8 hours in a car then get on a boat for another 3 to get to interviews. So, every month he is travelling all the time, plus he has his responsibilities as Mission President at the office and stuff. I dont know how he does it all. I guess that's why he has 4 AP's.
Anyways, this week we really made a focus on re-activating our branch. We went and visited all of our less actives and former investigators. It is kinda sad but we had to put our progressing investigators on the back burners this week cuz, honestly if your branch/ward is weak then your investigators are not going to progress. So what I and Elder Granadozin feel is best to do right now, is strengthen the branch first, then it will be easier for us to progress our investigators towards baptism. Honestly, when we take investigators to church it is quite embarrasing, there are like 15 people there to start and then another 20 or so come throughout the sacrament meeting. It's hard to welcome people into a branch if there's nobody there to welcome them lol.. So were gonna try to double our attendance this week at church from 30 to 60-70 people! Keep us in your prayers!
Anyways, this week was really good tho' in fast and testimony meeting. We had 2 visitiors from Nagsugbu and Tarlack City (the home of my companion). They both gave really powerful testimonies and it really motivated us and our branch to keep going and to work to get attendance!! It was good!
Oh and one more thing.. Our branch's goal is to get a chapel here in Batangas, right now it is just a house converted into a church. But one requirement is the members need to pay their tithing. So, I requested to our Branch President that we hold a tithing settlement. It was sad, our Branch President didn't even know what tithing settlement was, so I taught him that every year the Bishop or Branch President holds tithing settlement with the members to see how their tithing is coming. So, Last week the Balayan branch had tithing settlement for the first time in I don't know how long.. Years I think.. It was good! So, hopefully, we'll see a change in attendance and tithing with the members and if we get attendance of over 100 and 70% full tithe payers, we can get a chapel. The church already has the land bought.. So, Hopefully, before I leave Balayan it will be well on its way toward being a strong healthy branch of the church! The more I pray about it the more I feel that I was called here to help the branch. There is so much I teach to my Branch President every week. A couple weeks ago I taught him the principle of delegation and giving callings, I dont know how he's doing on that. In preach my gospel it says that each church member needs 3 things.. A friend, A calling, and a testimony of Jesus Christ and His restored church. Right now we are working on extending callings and organizing the branch. I can't wait till I can see the fruits of the labors of the members in our branch.. They are all so willing to help its amazing!! I love the church and the Love I feel inside whenever I simba (worship).. it sounds weird in english lol...
So yeah thats pretty much it. No real amazing or crazy experiences this week. Sorry if this email is a bit short. But I Just want to let you know that I love you all! And I am doing the very best I can!! Keep me in your prayers!!
Hanggang sa muli!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment