Mar 5, 2010

~ Toxic Fish ~ Din-din came to church~ Yeah!!~

Hello family and friends!

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for all of your letters and such! I am just now recieving everyones letters from Valentines day.. Thank you!! So lets see.. this week.. Talk about a lot of travel and a lot of just running around to different places. Ok, so, first of all, I went on another split with Elder Lopez, but this time it was in Balayan.. My area. So I became Senior for a day lol.. So I'll tell you about that day cuz it was a lot of fun.
So, we wake up about 5:30 to be able to make it to Calaca to pick up E. Lopez, after we picked him up we went to a lunch appointment at a very nice house in Calaca.. we ate fish, not my favorite but I managed to choke it down.. I mostly just stuck to the veggies :) you should be proud Mom! lol.. So, like directly after I finished eating the fish, I noticed that my throat was like super dry and whenever I would try to talk I would just start coughing uncontrollably. Then my eyes started to itch and it became hard to breathe. Yeah, so, basically I had an allergic reaction to something I ate there.. I dont know what it was, either it was the fish or the veggies... we will never know!! So, I took some benedryl and it went away..

After that lil' experience Elder Lopez, and I went to Nagsugbu, about an hours travel on a bus, for a baptismal interview.. It was pretty cool... While we were waiting for the interview to be done we were able to help serve the members by carrying 50 kilo bags of concrete on our shoulders to their house.. and holy friggin crap, 50 kilos is a lot more than it looks. It was so hard, I was only able to carry one bag. Mahina kasi ako.. wala akong muscle. It was super hard! So, after the interview we went another like 45 minutes to Balayan to actually start to work.. By now it's like 5pm, so we had like to time it get to all of our appointments, the bus was just so friggin' slow.. .anyways, so we went to this one appointment in Barangay Gimalas, which is super far! And the only way you can get to this investigators house is by walking along the beach... but it just so happens to be High Tide right now so we got a little wet lol.. It was fun! But yeah, needless to say we made it to like 3 of 4 of our appointments. But the one that we missed was a RCLA (recent convert, less active) and it wasnt actually scheduled. we were just gonna stop by. So, it was a ton of fun!!
So I'll give you an update on our investigators and our branch here in Balayan. So, we don't have all that many progressing investigators, but the ones we do have aren't really doing that well.. It's so hard sometimes cuz Elder G. has no desire to teach with the spirit, and he has "walang pakialam sa mga tao" (he doesnt care about the people) he tells me every day. He wants to be transferred.. All he talks about is how happy he is gonna be when he is home and stuff like that.. Some times its pretty tough. Anyways, one investigator of ours, Ate (Ate (ah-tay) = Teenage girl) Nayka has been to church twice and were on lesson two with her, but we just found out that her mom is having an affair with her uncle, the brother of her Dad.. And yeah, it's just really creepy where she lives. She has a really hard life, but she has a real desire to be baptized, but if she has a weak foundation at home it's really hard to stay active in the church... we are trying to help her stablize her life before we baptize her. So, yeah that's ate Nayka..

Next, Din-din.. a 12 year old girl, part member family.. We hadn't been to her in about a month and she had a baptismal goal date previously but she stopped following up on her commitments so we kinda just let her be for a little bit until she was ready to recieve our message again. But we returned to her and invited her to go to church and SHE CAME! she had to walk an hour to get to the church! But she still came! I have high hopes for her.
Next Tatay Garcia, grabbie that man. He is on a rollercoaster totally.. I dont know what's happening to that family. They aren't coming to church and Tatay has seemed to give up all hope on quitting his cigarrettes, even though we stop by every single day and invite them to church and try to keep them active.. cuz honestly, that family is amazing! they are just lazy, that's how filipinos are when its hot outside.. They just dont do anything... They all just sit there and roast inside their little houses. It's kinda sad.. I wanna just say GET OUT AND GET A JOB lol.. but, yeah, it is super friggin' hot and humid here.
Summer na sa pilipinas totally! Like wow.. Ang Init! (so hot!).

Anyways, I'll tell you about my day today.. So, we went to the Shell gasoline plant because they have a huge bowling alley to go bowling. We all went as a zone and we bowled, played basketball and volley ball it was a lot of fun.. After that, we went to SM where I got some new shoes! Thank you so much mom!! But at SM we were late leaving so we have no way to get back to our area so we are here sleeping at the Batangas elders apartment.. Pretty sad.. But it was good anyways!
Well, I have no time here so I am gonna get going!! Thanks again for everything Mom and Dad and all of you!! If yalls wants to send me a letter or two.... Or five.. I promise I won't care :)..
Well... I love you all and have an amazing week!!
Maraming Loves,
Elder Hansen

No comments: