Kamusta lahat ng mga guapo at maganda!?
Ang week ko sa balayan ay telega maayos! Just kidding.. I won't type in Tagalog lol. But, yeah my week has been great here in Balayan!! I found out that I am getting transferred! sigurado na! (for sure) woot! Although I am a bit sad because our district and zone is way fun and way unified. I honestly probably won't be in a zone like this ever again, I really really super enjoyed my time here in Batangas! Seriously this place has grown on me and it really will be hard to leave.. And all of the branch members are so nice, they are throwing me a going away party tomorrow and they are cooking my favorite filipino food... Filipino style spaghetti! SOOO GOOOD!! It's different from American spaghetti, it's more sweet and yeahh.. it's just amazing! I guess I have really made a good impression here in Balayan, cuz all of the members came up to me and were telling me that they will never forget me and all of this stuff.. It really made me sad and grateful for the hard work I've done here. Just seeing the looks on the members faces as they thanked me sincerely was the best feeling in the world! Honestly, it was one of those - "This is why I am on a mission" - moments. Gosh, I love being a missionary! SO AMAZING!! Anyways, I love Balayan and it will always be remembered as my unang tahanan sa pilipinas (first home in the philippines). Gosh I dont wanna leave!
So, today for P-day we went to Lemery to the Zone Leaders apartment and had kind of a going away party for everyone leaving. Me, Elder Lopez, and Elder Balandres are all being transferred out of the area. We ate delicious spaghetti! My favorite! .... Next to spam that is lolz.. and then we went to this HUGE like NAPAKALAKING catholic church. It was way cool! The inside was like amazing and the church was from the 1500's when the spaniards were there. The whole little town thing was like all spanish archetecture and it was cool.. I felt like I was in mexico or something lol. I'll post pictures later if I have time.. The computer shop I am at kinda sucks so idk if I'll be able to.
But this past week we also had zone interviews with President Anderson. That went really well! I really love President Anderson and he seems to like me, we talked about all of my hardships that I have had on the mission and how I have overcome them all, but the worst part was when he told me I was transferred.. I was like WHAT!!? I have worked so dang frikin' hard to get the branch organized now your transferring me... Actually, I didn't say that, but I certianly thought it. lol.. I honestly wanted to protest his decision so I could stay one more transfer. I truly love Balayan and would be happy here for the rest of my mission! lol.. But I know change is inevetable and I am trying my best to embrace it.
This week there has been a lot of "Lasts" in my work. I had to tell all of our investigators that I would be getting transferred and that I would soon have a replacement.. Man I got mixed reactions from them. Honestly they were all like way sad and one of our investigators Sister Gina Villunueva started crying. She wanted me to stay so I could become the "God father" of her baby. It was medio creepsauce. But, yeah, It's so hard to leave here.. I'm sorry if that is all my email is about, but that is honestly what's on my mind. I love this area so much and I love all of the people here. I love all of my investigators so much and it would kill me if they dont keep progressing. Honestly, I think I will cry more leaving this area than I did when I left home. I just want one more transfer here. This week has just been a lot of goodbyes and stuff.. So, yeah, with that said, I think Im gonna end this email before I have to think about leaving here anymore. GOSH!
But before I go, I just want to leave a small testimony about missionary work.. in english this time! para maintindan ninyo lol.. I can honestly say that my mission has changed my life in so many ways, this area, these people here have changed me forever. Now I know just how good it feels to be a missionary, honestly there is no better work on earth. If there is anyone who reads this who is thinking about not going on a mission. GO!! No matter how hard it may seem.. No matter how long the time may seem. Missionary work is truly ordained of God, and I have felt him lift me up more than once. I have prayed so hard for so many nights for these people here, I have given my all here.. I have walked countless miles in the blazing heat every day just to see the smiles on the peoples faces after they are baptized. Freak, seriously this church is true.. I know that for a fact, I have had it confirmed to me many times here in Balayan and I have shared it with the people here. I know what I am doing is right. I know Christ suffered for all of my sins. I know we are led by a living propeta na si Thomas S. Monson. I love this work.. But even more so, I love the people I serve.
May I always be found on the Lord's errand,
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment