Apr 26, 2010

~ District Leader & Trainer in Paete Siniloan~



Kamusta mga kubsat at kaibigan!!

So, I bet your all waiting to hear the big news of where I moved to.. So, I'll get right in to it.. Transfer day was amazing and confusing and overwhelming all at the same time. So, the night before we went to Batangas to sleep and to have our last horrah as a zone. We hung out at the apartment, went to SM and bought a bunch of American foods and what not and partied American style haha.. It was a lot of fun. But the funny thing was while I was at transfer meeting all of the missionarries were saying "Buntis Ka". which means "Your Pregnant", which means I will be getting an ANAK or CHILD or TRAINEE... I didn't believe them but lo and Behold! Not only did I transfer to a new area, I was called as the new District Leader, while Follow up TRAINING! what the DUCE!! it's like my 5th transfer in the field.. I am so not ready for this transfer, it should be interesting! lol.. But my new area is calle Paete-Paook (I think). Its in Siniluan Zone.. It's pretty far off and we live at the base of a huge mountian with a HUGE lake right across the way.. it is so beautiful here and the people are way nice!! Not to mention, our branch is amazing too!! So strong and supportive! We have like 20 branch missionaries and over 200 people in our branch. And we have a lot of investigators so our schedule is full laggi (always).

It's kinda funny being a follow up trainer cuz my "step-son" or trainee just follows everything I do lol.. these past couple days working I have really had to take the lead and step it up as far as my Tagalog goes and work in general. It is really pushing me and I have been able to see what I really am capable of as a missionary. OH i havent even told you my Comp's name.. It's Elder Dela Pena, he is from Isabella, Philippines and has been out for 2 months, which means he has a lot of learning to do. I just hope I can handle my new calling as District Leader. That means I am gonna be doing a lot of travelling and exchanges with those in my district.. Not to mention, I am the one that takes care of the Baptismal Interviews for my area.. I have no idea how to interview, even in english.. I hope I can pull this off haha. But it's all good.. Whom the Lord calls, He qualifies!

So, yeah, last week in Balayan we had a going away party for me, idk if I told you this, but I played my guitar for everyone in our branch and they all took turns going around telling me how thankful they were for me.. It was soo sad. I am gonna miss Balayan a lot! But I needed a change.. I was too comfortable there.. And Comfort Zones are Coffins. I am going to learn a lot here while I teach my new comp the ways of missionary work. So, yeah.. that's basically all the news from me this week. Just got transferred to Paete and I'm a district leader and follow up trainer. That's the BIG news! So, yeah.. Good luck you guys back home with everything. I'm lovin the work and the ball is a-rollin!! I love you all!!
Elder Hansen

No comments: