May 3, 2010

~Changing Lives with the Gospel~


Hello family!

This week in paete-pakil has been amazingly amazing! My job as a follow up trainer is going quite well.. In fact, I feel as if I don't really need to teach my comp anything cuz he is already way good at teaching and stuff! So that's good.. I have yet to give the lesson in District Meeting so we'll see how that goes this wednesday.. Hopefully it goes good!

My new area is very beautiful, it's right on the side of a lake and I really enjoy the views and beauty of my area! I don't feel so crammed like in Batangas. OH! And we have 3 baptisms coming up next week! I am way excited! And we had a baptism this last Saturday... Ace Manuel was my 9th (I think) baptism to date. I'll post pictures a little later! But yeah, my internet time has really been cut back this week cuz we have so much to do today.. So I'll try to make this as long as I can.

I'll get straight into experiences first! So this week we did a lot of work! Honestly, it was the best work I have had since my first area, 30 plus lessons and 20plus new investigators! it was way awesome!

So, this week we tracted a Nanay whos situation was the worst I have ever seen in my whole life. She basically lives in a hole in the ground and she told us how earlier in her life she had a stroke and now half of her body is paralized and how her husband left her when she had the stroke and how she has no way to work or get money.. When she was telling me about this I started crying. She told us how all 3 of her children starved to death when they were little because she was abandoned and had no food or anything. She told us how she was afraid to die because she felt it was her fault that her children died. As she was telling us this my heart swelled with the spirit! I was so glad I had met this lady because I had the news she had been waiting for. I explained how our Heavenly Father has created a plan for everyone and as a part of his plan we are able to live as families forever. Not just in this life, but in the life to come. I shared with her the doctrine that children are not accountable for their sins and that they are in a state of rest and how if she heeds our Heavenly Father's plan that she can see her children again. As I was sharing I have never felt the spirit so strong in my life, I struggled to speak through my tears. As she listened, her eyes began to well with joy, a new light had been unvailed to her. The light of the gospel, the light of truth and the light of our heavenly fathers plan for us. It was then and there that I truly gained an appreciation for the sealing ordanance. I felt the spirit testify to me that through the gospel we really can be together forever.

One more experience! So, we were visiting some less active members this past week and one we visited had been less active for about 10 years. We dropped by her house just to say hello and to BRT (build relationships of trust) with her. I thought it was just a friendly meet and greet and really had no aspirations for her to come to church.. But lo and behold, she came to church! She then bore her testimony and told us about how when we came to visit her... I asked her a simple but direct question, "how long has it been since you've been to church?".. She said that no question had ever hit her as hard as that, she said that when I asked her that she felt that she needed to come back to church to get her life in line. It was truly amazing to me, my comp and I were way happy! So never underestimate the power of simple, direct questions. It was amazing!

But yeah, that's pretty much my life here in Pakil.. those are the best experiences this week! More to come!!!
I Love you all
Elder Hansen

No comments: