Ok so this week was good.. Got a lot done and we helped a lot of people. I'll get straight into it!
So on Monday, we basically just did our usual P-day activities, grocery, laundry, internet, etc... Then at night we went to the church and we taught a mission prep class! It was a lot of fun, there are 4 people in my branch preparing to go on missions right now so the class is really good for them. They all remind me of myself before I went on the mish.. They are just clueless and willing to take any advice we give them so its a really good time!! Anyways that was basically our monday :)...
Then came Tuesday...
Yet again, I had a large bowel movement and it was not pretty... Because of it we decided to cancel our appointments in the morning so i could wait till my stomach felt a little better.. But then the couple missionaries show up at our little house and they walk in and I am like totally on the toilet destroying the bathroom. I was like "Oh crap!" (no pun intended) "I havent even changed".. So I walk out of the bathroom, like sweating profusely and Elder Messemer just starts laughing at me and is like "Bad day?"... I was like "You dont even know".. Then I popped like 4 Pepto Bismol pills and walked into our closet room thingy. So to make a long story short, the couples came so that our new landlord could sign the contract for our new apartment. so we got that done and all was well.. After that we went by sister Mary Jane's house to remind her of her upcoming interview and to share a spiritual thought. Then we had an eating appointment with a super old Nanay who is bomb at cooking! After our eating appointment we finished up with another lesson in Longos then turned in for the day
Then Wednesday....
We woke up and yay! District meeting na naman! I gave a workshop just about being happy. It was way cool, I didnt bring my lesson plan so i forgot excatly what scriptures i used and what not.. But I made a little paper with "10 commandments for a peaceful and happy life" and shared it with my district! It was a lot of fun.. Also we had some transfers in our zone so we had some new missionaries, it was fun to get to know them! After district meeting we hit up some appointments and taught, but a lot of the people we didnt get to really to a good lesson cuz they were all kinda distracted with the upcoming fiesta. We would show up and they would be making decorations or cooking or just doing other things preparing for the fiesta. Its so hard to teach people when they have other things on their minds. But we managed to make it to one of our progessing investigators that day Leah Demaano.. she is like 17 and is very interested in our message and always listens to us but she doesnt have a baptismal goal date cuz she hasnt been able to come to church yet. So yeah, we'll try to get her to church this week :)..
Then Thursday came along and we had a big day ahead of us.. We hit up 2 lessons in the morning and then we had to come back to the apartment and start packing everything up.. And wow, what a job that was.. It took 4 people like 5 hours to pack everything up and organize it so we could haul it with the AP's truck. Then the AP's arrived at like 530 and we took all of our stuff down to the new apartment! And surprisingly the unpacking took like an hour lol. Our new apartment is brand spankin new and I love it! It reminds me of home, clean, and organized and theres no loud music or huge trucks zooming by at night.. It is so quiet and peaceful and it really helps us focus when we study and what not :).. So it was good! After the move we were all beat so we turned in for the night..
Then it was friday, yet again..
In the morning we had service.. we basically hiked up into the mountians with machettes until we could find some big bamboo and then started chopping down bamboo for this guy. He is gonna build his house out of it. So yeah we chopped it down and then carried all the way to his house.. a good 1 mile at least. So we were just walking down the highway with this 25 foot piece of bamboo on my shoulder, and man it was heavy!! It killed my shoulder too, but it was fun! Then directly after the service we went back to the apt, changed and went straight to Mary Jane's house. It was finally time for her baptismal interview!! I have been waiting 3 months for this to finally happen. Sister Mary Jane has come so far in her progression towards baptism.. We tracted her on my first day in Paete and when we found her she had a cigarette in her hand and had no idea of the joy of the gospel.. Then we started sharing our messages to her and we saw the light in her eyes as she heard the good news.. In 2 months she has stopped drinking coffee and smoking altogether and says she feels a lot healthier and is able to save a lot of money. The feeling is so amazing knowing youve changed someones life and knowing that youve helped someone come closer to christ. After the interview we went to one of our other investigators houses, sister ferlin, she is by far the creepeist person ever! haha so i was kinda glad when her mom said she wasnt home.. But then out came this young 24 yr old guy, Joel and he started asking us questions like who we were and what not. So we were able to answer them and teach him the first lesson. I hope he progresses :) But yeah then after that we got punted a whole bunch and i dont wanna talk about that lol... Darn people.. haha
So yeah, then came Saturday, yet another great day of life! haha in the morning we had Sister Mary Jane's baptism! It was way cool! And I got to play the organ, but I messed up like every other note and yeah.. lets just say I got an A for effort there.. But the baptismal service was way good. Elder Yance did the baptizing since this was his first baptism. It was way sweet! Then later on that day we went to Longos again and hit up a few investigators, but once again we were punted a few times as well. But its all good.
Then Sunday came along and church was way good!! When I walked in to the church building the first thing that happens is the branch president approaches me and says "its 3rd week, and we would like to invite one of our missionaries to give the talk".. SO BOOM.. in like 20 minutes I had to prepare a talk.. I was way nervious and didnt know what I was going to talk about so I just sat up on the stand and prayed my heart out that i would know what to say. Then finally the thought came to me.. It was like one word that just flashed in my head "Pagmamahal" or "Love".. I shared with my branch members about the Pagmamahal, ang unang dakilang kautusan,. Which in english is Love, the first great commandment. It went well and the Lord truly put the words in my mouth that I needed to say.. As I was speaking it felt like loads of information were just being layed out in front of me, instantly i remembered scriptures from past workshops, lessons, and study. The lord truly quickened my mind and allowed me to deliver a good message on short notice. it was awesome! But anyways, after church was Fiesta in our area so it was forbidden to go out of our apartment because the philippines during fiesta is dangerous, tons of drunk people and what not. So we just stayed inside and played games and I had a lot of time to think about stuff and about my life and what not.. haha it was boring but hey... What can ya do?..
Overall my week has been good, despite a few hold ups. All I know is that this work is way more important than anything I could ever be doing back home and I am so grateful to be a part of it. I miss you all and pray for you daily. Thank you for all of your support that you give to me! I love you all!!!
Elder Hansen
So on Monday, we basically just did our usual P-day activities, grocery, laundry, internet, etc... Then at night we went to the church and we taught a mission prep class! It was a lot of fun, there are 4 people in my branch preparing to go on missions right now so the class is really good for them. They all remind me of myself before I went on the mish.. They are just clueless and willing to take any advice we give them so its a really good time!! Anyways that was basically our monday :)...
Then came Tuesday...
Yet again, I had a large bowel movement and it was not pretty... Because of it we decided to cancel our appointments in the morning so i could wait till my stomach felt a little better.. But then the couple missionaries show up at our little house and they walk in and I am like totally on the toilet destroying the bathroom. I was like "Oh crap!" (no pun intended) "I havent even changed".. So I walk out of the bathroom, like sweating profusely and Elder Messemer just starts laughing at me and is like "Bad day?"... I was like "You dont even know".. Then I popped like 4 Pepto Bismol pills and walked into our closet room thingy. So to make a long story short, the couples came so that our new landlord could sign the contract for our new apartment. so we got that done and all was well.. After that we went by sister Mary Jane's house to remind her of her upcoming interview and to share a spiritual thought. Then we had an eating appointment with a super old Nanay who is bomb at cooking! After our eating appointment we finished up with another lesson in Longos then turned in for the day
Then Wednesday....
We woke up and yay! District meeting na naman! I gave a workshop just about being happy. It was way cool, I didnt bring my lesson plan so i forgot excatly what scriptures i used and what not.. But I made a little paper with "10 commandments for a peaceful and happy life" and shared it with my district! It was a lot of fun.. Also we had some transfers in our zone so we had some new missionaries, it was fun to get to know them! After district meeting we hit up some appointments and taught, but a lot of the people we didnt get to really to a good lesson cuz they were all kinda distracted with the upcoming fiesta. We would show up and they would be making decorations or cooking or just doing other things preparing for the fiesta. Its so hard to teach people when they have other things on their minds. But we managed to make it to one of our progessing investigators that day Leah Demaano.. she is like 17 and is very interested in our message and always listens to us but she doesnt have a baptismal goal date cuz she hasnt been able to come to church yet. So yeah, we'll try to get her to church this week :)..
Then Thursday came along and we had a big day ahead of us.. We hit up 2 lessons in the morning and then we had to come back to the apartment and start packing everything up.. And wow, what a job that was.. It took 4 people like 5 hours to pack everything up and organize it so we could haul it with the AP's truck. Then the AP's arrived at like 530 and we took all of our stuff down to the new apartment! And surprisingly the unpacking took like an hour lol. Our new apartment is brand spankin new and I love it! It reminds me of home, clean, and organized and theres no loud music or huge trucks zooming by at night.. It is so quiet and peaceful and it really helps us focus when we study and what not :).. So it was good! After the move we were all beat so we turned in for the night..
Then it was friday, yet again..
In the morning we had service.. we basically hiked up into the mountians with machettes until we could find some big bamboo and then started chopping down bamboo for this guy. He is gonna build his house out of it. So yeah we chopped it down and then carried all the way to his house.. a good 1 mile at least. So we were just walking down the highway with this 25 foot piece of bamboo on my shoulder, and man it was heavy!! It killed my shoulder too, but it was fun! Then directly after the service we went back to the apt, changed and went straight to Mary Jane's house. It was finally time for her baptismal interview!! I have been waiting 3 months for this to finally happen. Sister Mary Jane has come so far in her progression towards baptism.. We tracted her on my first day in Paete and when we found her she had a cigarette in her hand and had no idea of the joy of the gospel.. Then we started sharing our messages to her and we saw the light in her eyes as she heard the good news.. In 2 months she has stopped drinking coffee and smoking altogether and says she feels a lot healthier and is able to save a lot of money. The feeling is so amazing knowing youve changed someones life and knowing that youve helped someone come closer to christ. After the interview we went to one of our other investigators houses, sister ferlin, she is by far the creepeist person ever! haha so i was kinda glad when her mom said she wasnt home.. But then out came this young 24 yr old guy, Joel and he started asking us questions like who we were and what not. So we were able to answer them and teach him the first lesson. I hope he progresses :) But yeah then after that we got punted a whole bunch and i dont wanna talk about that lol... Darn people.. haha
So yeah, then came Saturday, yet another great day of life! haha in the morning we had Sister Mary Jane's baptism! It was way cool! And I got to play the organ, but I messed up like every other note and yeah.. lets just say I got an A for effort there.. But the baptismal service was way good. Elder Yance did the baptizing since this was his first baptism. It was way sweet! Then later on that day we went to Longos again and hit up a few investigators, but once again we were punted a few times as well. But its all good.
Then Sunday came along and church was way good!! When I walked in to the church building the first thing that happens is the branch president approaches me and says "its 3rd week, and we would like to invite one of our missionaries to give the talk".. SO BOOM.. in like 20 minutes I had to prepare a talk.. I was way nervious and didnt know what I was going to talk about so I just sat up on the stand and prayed my heart out that i would know what to say. Then finally the thought came to me.. It was like one word that just flashed in my head "Pagmamahal" or "Love".. I shared with my branch members about the Pagmamahal, ang unang dakilang kautusan,. Which in english is Love, the first great commandment. It went well and the Lord truly put the words in my mouth that I needed to say.. As I was speaking it felt like loads of information were just being layed out in front of me, instantly i remembered scriptures from past workshops, lessons, and study. The lord truly quickened my mind and allowed me to deliver a good message on short notice. it was awesome! But anyways, after church was Fiesta in our area so it was forbidden to go out of our apartment because the philippines during fiesta is dangerous, tons of drunk people and what not. So we just stayed inside and played games and I had a lot of time to think about stuff and about my life and what not.. haha it was boring but hey... What can ya do?..
Overall my week has been good, despite a few hold ups. All I know is that this work is way more important than anything I could ever be doing back home and I am so grateful to be a part of it. I miss you all and pray for you daily. Thank you for all of your support that you give to me! I love you all!!!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment