PAMILYA!!!!
Kamusta na??! My week has been so, so, so, so, so amazing here in San Pablo! I feel as if the Lord put me through a few hard trials, but at the end it all worked out.. The Lord has a way of doing that, he likes to reward you after the trial of your faith...
So, this week was another week of hardcore tracting... Like to be honest. I have never tracted as much as I have in San Pablo.. I guess in my other areas people were just more willing and open to listen.. But anyways, we tracted so friggin' much this week. On Tuesday, we went out all day with only 1 appointment at the Tuazon family's house.. So we tracted all day, and found a few new areas that we didn't even know existed haha... But our tracting was not successful AT ALL.... I mean we met a few new people, but it didn't really seem to go anywhere..
OK Tracting story time... Like WAY CREEPSAUCE.. so, we were tracting in some subdivision just knocking doors when I see like this weird road leading to like Narnia or somewhere (heheh... THE chroni - WHAT - cles of Narnia!!...Inside Joke).. So, I take this road and were just walking along and it like starts to turn into jungle hardcore... Then like off in the distance I see this little cubo (bamboo house) and I was like YES! The Lord like led us here or whatever.. So we went up to the house and we both got this like akward feeling like it was too quiet haha.. So I was like "Ok 'tao po' it" or like "Knock on the door" so my comp does and this little old lady like straight out of some horror movie like stands up on her little porch thing and just stares at us for like a minute.. So, me and my comp were a little freaked out.. Then she just motions for us to come closer and says "Pasok!" or "Come in" in english and so we walk closer and give her our whole shpeel that were missionaries and all that jazz and then she says.. "Follow me.." so she starts leading us to through the Jungle to some other little house thing and then it opens up into a HUGE pineapple plantation.. it was sweet! Then she just points and is like "there's my family, teach them".. So we walk over there and theres like 20 people just sitting around in a circle type thing just talking, and from the get go, I knew it was gonna be weird cuz the people seemed like they hadn't been outside of that plantation in years.. they were all kinda just "different".. so we sit down and start talking with them. And they were all just so weird and creepy and like both me and my comp just got the feeling like we should leave so we try to like excuse ourselves, but then, they like wouldn't let us leave.. they were all like NO STAY.. DONT LEAVE.. And they started bringing out food and like making us eat.. so by now, me and my comp were like Ok.. were gonna like get taken hostage or something.. So, I just got up and start walking off, and my comp decides to follow me.. and once we got into the pineapple plantation our walk turned into a trot, then into a dead sprint for the gate.. Like it was really weird.. I think those people have never EVER had visitors to their house before, and I'm pretty sure I was the first ever Foreigner to ever go there lol.. It was super creep-sauce..
ANYWAYS.... Back to business. After that we went to the Tuazon family's house and it was amazing!! They had so many questions and we gave them a great lesson! They are progressing just amazingly!!! They have baptismal goal dates for November 14! Keep them in your prayers :)..
But yeah, we basically just knocked on doors this whole week and found little to no 'Elect' investigators.. It was pretty discouraging to be honest.. I prayed so hard and so much for my area this week.. that the Lord would open it and soften the peoples hearts.. It was just so hard to have rejection after rejection.. But then on Saturday, after a week of rejection, the Lord decided to lighten up on us and give us some success.. We had a ward evening social that night and the ENTIRE Tuazon family showed up and had a great time and made a lot of new friends!! I was so happy for them and so happy that the members were so accepting to them. It was so awesome!!! Then on Sunday, we had more success.. 7 investigators at church!! A record for me in this area!! We had the Entire Tuazon Family and 3 others that we didn't even know.. The members just brought them.. We got to teach 2 of them.. They are 2 guys about 23-25 years old and they are way cool! Like if I wasn't a missionary I'd probably hang out with them haha.. They were so willing and ready to listen to the message which was odd cuz not very many men in this country are very accepting to the missionaries so we were way pumped there..
So, this week for me was like a bummer at the beginning cuz our tracting turned out to be little to nothing.. but this weekend was like BOMB cuz we were blessed with 3 new awesome investigators so it all evens out quite nicely! :).. It was an awesome week!!! I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true and living church on the face of the earth today. I know it is the church that God himself restored, never to be taken again from the earth. I believe with all my heart that Joseph Smith is a true and inspired Prophet of God and that through him we have the priesthood keys on the earth today. I know I am called of God and that my authority is that of Jesus Christ himself when he was here ministering to people.. I know it, I've felt it, and I rejoice in it. I love you all so much family and friends.. Thank you for everything!!
Your son, friend, brother, cousin, nephew, grandson etc...
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment