Hey peoples!!
This week was awesome!! Much happened and I learned much as well.. I'll start off by telling you what we did for P-day today.. Basically we just went to SM as a Zone and I finally bought a legit, high quality payong (umbrella).. I have gone through 3 since Ive been here cuz the rain and usage just destroys the cheap ones.. I spent about 14 bucks so you know it's a good one haha.. Then, me and Elder Vandermyde went to a little arcade thing and sang kareoke.. It was so much fun! We sang "Im yours" by Jason Mraz.. Good times! Then we just came straight to the computer shop, I don't have much time because we have a family home evening later on in like 30 minutes.
But, let's get started about this week..
Umm, first of all, I'll tell you about something crazy and unexpected that happened this week.. So you guys know the Tuazon family right? they are the whole family that weve been teaching for about 4 weeks who are all scheduled to get baptized on sunday. So the lady who was fellowshipping her, Sister GiGi, is also a co worker of the mom of the family. And I guess this past week, to make the story short, Sister GiGi stole over 100,000 pesos ($2,500) of product from where she works and about 7,000 pesos ($200) from sister Tuazon (our investigator).. We were so shocked that this could even happen and we were so worried about what sister Tuazon would do, or how she would react to this horrible example from a member of the church.. So its Sunday and we show up at church, hoping that the Tuazon family would be there... NOTHING.. then after the service, here comes sister Tuazon.. She went and talked to the bishop and told him everything that happened and asked for help from him.. We were so happy that she was coming to the church for help and that she trusted bishop enough to talk to him.. To make a long story short, they basically just shrugged off the problem and despite the horrible example of sister GiGi, they are still getting baptized. I was so happy and relieved that they themselves, despite their hardships, had gained a true testimony and are following through with their baptism. So that is one item of good news!
The other item is that SISTER SUWAREZ came to church!!!! For the first time!! Yay!! We were so happy to see her there and she also brought along her oldest daughter and her son Glen.. It was amazing!! We can really feel them starting to progress more and more! Its amazing! I cant wait to go visit them tomorrow! So that was amazing!!
And another thing, this week we had Leadership Training again.. It was awesome! All of the leaders of San Pablo Mission got together in Mabini chapel and basically gave instruction to one another and we had practice teaching and watched training videos about "The new curriculum".. The church is truly amazing! I am loving the new way of teaching because it gives us missionaries more breathing room and we can basically teach whatever the investigator needs to hear. Another thing is, it is totally centered on helping missionaries and their investigators receive revelation . Not to mention I got to see a bunch of my good friends and learn with them. It was a good time..
Oh, I got a NEW COMP... Elder Mina.. he is from Baguio and we are like EXACTLY the same person! He is like the filipino version of myself! haha! We get along so great and I have already learned so much from him about teaching and just public speaking in general.. He is SO AMAZING honestly at teaching.. Even though I am his senior I have so so so so much respect for the way he is able to connect with the invesitagtors... I can't wait for the future with him! Plus, he's basically fluent in english, and he understands all of it.. Haha, so sometimes we just speak english.. It's a good time!! I am loving it! The ball is rolling and catching much much speed!! haha.. there's my attempt at an english expression... Grabbe talaga,, it's so hard to speak in english haha. Anyways everybody, I have to get going to my FHE now.. I love all of you guys and keep the commandments and you should all have Family Home Evenings too cuz they are amazing!!!!! I love you so so so so so so much!!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment