Nov 20, 2010

~ A Ton Of Rain ~ No Baptism~





Hello family and friends and blog readers alike.

My week this week was great!! But we also had some serious discouragements and things that happened to us, but Elder Mina and I learned alot. But I'll start off with the good stuff that happened this week!!
First of all Sister Swarez came to church again!!!!! For the second sunday in a row!! And she brought her daughter again! And when we went to visit her she again basically just bore her testimony to us about how she totally knows the church is true.. It just sad cuz her husband wont let her get baptized!!!! GRRR!!! I hate husbands like that!! Its cuz they are Born Again christian and the husband is like weird.. Anyways that is one thing good that happened to us this week..
The second thing is, it was Elder Mina's Birthday this past week!!! YAY!!!! Which means we had our own little Thanksgiving at Pizza Hut!!! haha it was awesome!! I put up some pictures!! Oh and I bet Elder Vandermyde five bucks that he couldnt drink 3 BIG glasses of Mountian Dew.. Yeah.. He did it, so when we get home I have to give him five bucks cuz theres no such thing as a buck here haha.. So that was a good time!!
The third thing was I got to conduct an interview for the Nagcarland elders and she passed!! Woot! It was great! I love doing interviews!! I put up pictures of it on my picasa!
So now heres like the thing kind of in the middle.. It kinda sucked at first, but then it was alright. So last week I bought this super nice amazing 14 dollar umbrella at SM and used it for like 3 days... Then last thursday when we came from nagcarland to go pick up Elder Vandy and his comp I thought I left my umbrella on the Jeepne... Needless to say I was devestated. So this whole week went past and i had NO UMBRELLA!! It sucked to say the least cuz there was a TON of rain.. I basically just had to huddle under my comp's tiny pice of crap umbrella which didnt really do anything at all.. So yeah, I was sad about that and it got to the point that me and my companion held a funeral service for my umbrella haha.. yeah.. weird times on the mish.. But then heres the good part of the story... Because my umbrella loves me and it is loyal, IT CAME BACK TO ME... I was so so so so so happy! I acutally just left my umbrella at the Elder's Apartment in nagcarland.. It was awesome! I was so excited earlier when they brought it back to me :)... ANyways, that probably made no sense and my english was probably not good at all.. But oh well....

Now for the pinaka-worst thing that happened to me this week... EWWW.... so we were supposed to have 4 people baptized yestderday but it fell through.. So we go to the Tuazon's house and were just playing with all the little kids outside and waiting for Sister Chona... She's the Mom.. and when she got to her house I just greeted her and jokingly I said, "Sorry sister, theres a problem with your baptism".. Like just completely joking around, cuz they were all excited for their interview.. Then Sister Chona replies "How did you find out?!"... I was like, "uhhh..... What?.." Then sister chona explained that her husband got cold feet about the whole baptism thing and didnt give permission to any of them to get baptized... Grrrrr!!!! Words cannot express to you how i felt at that moment. I asked her husbands reason was.. She kept saying she didnt know.. ANd that her husband didnt want to talk to us and all of this stuff.. That was like the first time on my mission where I thought I might lose it... I mean, I just have grown to love them so much and I know the importance of baptism and then to see it all just go out the window so fast was like way hard.. I was like a mixture of sad, mad, dissappointed, depressed, and many many others... So basically I just said, "Alright, well we'll just come back tomorrow to see what you and your husband decide".. So we went back yesterday and the decision is still the same.. The husband doesnt want them to get baptized... It sucks way bad.. But we are just hoping and praying at this point that the Lord will find a way to soften his heart towards them. SO yeah.. Thats basically it for me... It was a good week haha..
I hope you all enjoyed this and I love all of you so so so much!! And Lindsey, thank you so so much for your email! I wont have time to reply...
Love your son, brother, friend, and fellow spirit brother of God.
Elder Hansen

No comments: