Hello family!!
This week has been another good one! I got to watch conference and a lot happened. First of all, let me tell you a little bit about conference, It was amazing. The messages for me seemed to be very centered on the Holy Ghost and the importance of Agency. I learned so much and got a ton of good notes and what not.. I can't wait till I get the Liahona magazine so I can look through the talks again. And yesterday for conference San Pablo zone got together at the sister's apartment and we had REAL nachos.. It was the first taste of real mexican food I have had since ive been here and OH man I miss mexican so much! Especially Costa Vida and that one place with the gecko.. I think it's gecko grille or something I cant remember. But oh man it was awesome! Sister Messamer, one of the senior couples cooked it for us.. The filipinos didn't know how to eat it tho haha.. it was funny.. they were like "where is the rice?".. they didn't get the fact that you can eat meat without rice haha it was funny.. And then earlier this morning we went to the Senior Couple's apartment for breakfast and we made home-made pancakes from scratch with homemade mango syrup. It was so yummy!!! I love it!
Anyways, this week was just a lot of tracting and Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain X 100000000.. Holy freak, I have never experienced a full day where the rain didn't stop. Like it is so tiring and you get cold and wet, and it's pretty much impossible to work if you don't have any appointments. And yeah.. we barely had any set appointments this week so we were Tracting in the rain.. Fun stuff.. It basically becomes a game of trying to make the people feel bad enough for you that your soaking wet so that they'll let you in their house haha.. Some of the people would just laugh at us and call us crazy for walking around in the rain and others just told us we'd get sick.. And that's exactly what happened to my companion.. He got nalamigan (uhh... affected by the cold) and he got like way sick.. But the thing about my comp is that he is like a tough guy and he doesn't like to admit when he's sick so we basically just worked until he couldnt take it any more.. And to be honest, I had no idea he was sick until one day after lunch he just went in and started taking a nap and didn't wake up until the next afternoon.. lol.. It was weird.. like I just sat in the apartment, and I tried to wake him up like numerous times but when he woke up all he did was complain about his head in Visayan and then like go back to sleep.. I had no idea what to do so I just let him sleep. I gave him some tylenol but it didn't help.. I think he had a migrane but yeah.. Anyways.. So that was like my Tuesday through Thursday.. tracting in the rain and helping my comp while he was sick..
Then Thursday night came around and it was the day before transfer meeting which means a TON of missionaries come and sleep in San Pablo, because it's like right by the mission home so that they can be on time for transfer meetiing.. they all slept at Elder Vandermyde's apartment so of course I wasn't gonna miss out on the fun so me and my comp slept there too!.. There was like 16 of us in the apartment and like 10 americans.. HOLY Mackroll, it was so much fun! We stayed up and played cards, went out and bought chips and salsa and just hung out.. I had a good time and got to know some of the other elders in the mission it was awesome! Then transfer day came along and me and Elder Painagan went and taught one of our new promising families.. The Tuazon family.. The mother was a referral from a member, but when we went on friday the entire family listened to the lesson!! WOOT! It was so awesome! I honestly think if we play our cards right, and are smart with our scheduling, we might be able to baptize this whole family. Nanay Tuazon has already come to church and this Sunday they are going to come again, hopefully with the whole family. So, were keeping our hopes up for them. I love referrals!! They are so amazing! So, keep them in your prayers :)...
But yeah, apart from a few health set backs this week me and Elder Painagan are doing just amazingly! I love you all so much and I hope your doing ok at the trek!!.. Oh wait.. I know your doing fine.. Mr. and Mrs. TRAILER!!! Geeezzz what geezers... HAHA Just kidding! Love you guys!
Elder Hansen
This week has been another good one! I got to watch conference and a lot happened. First of all, let me tell you a little bit about conference, It was amazing. The messages for me seemed to be very centered on the Holy Ghost and the importance of Agency. I learned so much and got a ton of good notes and what not.. I can't wait till I get the Liahona magazine so I can look through the talks again. And yesterday for conference San Pablo zone got together at the sister's apartment and we had REAL nachos.. It was the first taste of real mexican food I have had since ive been here and OH man I miss mexican so much! Especially Costa Vida and that one place with the gecko.. I think it's gecko grille or something I cant remember. But oh man it was awesome! Sister Messamer, one of the senior couples cooked it for us.. The filipinos didn't know how to eat it tho haha.. it was funny.. they were like "where is the rice?".. they didn't get the fact that you can eat meat without rice haha it was funny.. And then earlier this morning we went to the Senior Couple's apartment for breakfast and we made home-made pancakes from scratch with homemade mango syrup. It was so yummy!!! I love it!
Anyways, this week was just a lot of tracting and Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain X 100000000.. Holy freak, I have never experienced a full day where the rain didn't stop. Like it is so tiring and you get cold and wet, and it's pretty much impossible to work if you don't have any appointments. And yeah.. we barely had any set appointments this week so we were Tracting in the rain.. Fun stuff.. It basically becomes a game of trying to make the people feel bad enough for you that your soaking wet so that they'll let you in their house haha.. Some of the people would just laugh at us and call us crazy for walking around in the rain and others just told us we'd get sick.. And that's exactly what happened to my companion.. He got nalamigan (uhh... affected by the cold) and he got like way sick.. But the thing about my comp is that he is like a tough guy and he doesn't like to admit when he's sick so we basically just worked until he couldnt take it any more.. And to be honest, I had no idea he was sick until one day after lunch he just went in and started taking a nap and didn't wake up until the next afternoon.. lol.. It was weird.. like I just sat in the apartment, and I tried to wake him up like numerous times but when he woke up all he did was complain about his head in Visayan and then like go back to sleep.. I had no idea what to do so I just let him sleep. I gave him some tylenol but it didn't help.. I think he had a migrane but yeah.. Anyways.. So that was like my Tuesday through Thursday.. tracting in the rain and helping my comp while he was sick..
Then Thursday night came around and it was the day before transfer meeting which means a TON of missionaries come and sleep in San Pablo, because it's like right by the mission home so that they can be on time for transfer meetiing.. they all slept at Elder Vandermyde's apartment so of course I wasn't gonna miss out on the fun so me and my comp slept there too!.. There was like 16 of us in the apartment and like 10 americans.. HOLY Mackroll, it was so much fun! We stayed up and played cards, went out and bought chips and salsa and just hung out.. I had a good time and got to know some of the other elders in the mission it was awesome! Then transfer day came along and me and Elder Painagan went and taught one of our new promising families.. The Tuazon family.. The mother was a referral from a member, but when we went on friday the entire family listened to the lesson!! WOOT! It was so awesome! I honestly think if we play our cards right, and are smart with our scheduling, we might be able to baptize this whole family. Nanay Tuazon has already come to church and this Sunday they are going to come again, hopefully with the whole family. So, were keeping our hopes up for them. I love referrals!! They are so amazing! So, keep them in your prayers :)...
But yeah, apart from a few health set backs this week me and Elder Painagan are doing just amazingly! I love you all so much and I hope your doing ok at the trek!!.. Oh wait.. I know your doing fine.. Mr. and Mrs. TRAILER!!! Geeezzz what geezers... HAHA Just kidding! Love you guys!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment