Hey family!
So I'm kinda rushing hardcore today cuz Elder Vandermyde and me have been like procrastinating our email time till the end of the day.. Now we are getting close to cerfew so, I gotta make this quick!!
First thing! This P-day has been so weird! Me and Elder Vandermyde have basically just been wandering around San Pablo City like window shopping and just spending a day on the town.. And to our surprise we actually met and talked to a good amount of Americans here.. It was really weird.. The first one was at breakfast, we talked to this guy who was from the Bronx and he was scoping out places to set up his kung fu school here in the philippines.. He was a really nice guy and he tried to get me and Elder Vandy to sign up for his classe's and what not. He was a really nice guy and we were able to familiarize him with our church and get him interested.. So, yeah, definately planted a seed there.
Then later on we met this lady Patty, she was a Filipino American and she is a writer.. Elder Vandy and I were out getting some shakes at this little coffee shop type place. She was from Hawaii and we talked to her about Paete, my last area, we actually had some common acquaintances and we swaped stories and opinions on the filipino life and culture and stuff. We ended up telling her a lot about our religion.. and she invited us to her house here in San Pablo.. and she ended up paying for our shakes.. It was way nice!! And then we went to the church and played a little ping pong madness until we came here.. So, needless to say it was a very cool day.. Like that was the first time I had really chatted with an American that wasn't a missionary. It was tiighhht!!
Anyways, on to bigger and better business... Like we had a BAPTISM!!!! WOOTNESS! We baptized Carlo Diete yesterday.. He was a referral from a member who we taught all the lessons, then he was interviewed.. turned out he had a little Coffee problem so we had to wait a month, then yesterday he had finally properly prepared himself and he was baptized.. He is 14 years old and I have pictures of the baptism but I'm gonna have to wait till next week to upload them cuz I forgot my card reader.. I am so SORRY!! I have pictures I just keep forgetting my card reader and its kinda far to my apartment. But it was awesome! I always love seeing the fruits of the work and I am so blessed to be in a place where the people are so humble and willing to accept our message! It was awesome and the baptism went without a hitch.. (I think that's the right expression) haha...
Then this week I'll give you a little update on Sister Rofina.. SHE IS AMAZING! We taught her about the law of tithing and other offerings this week and honestly we didn't even really have to teach... I started out the lesson by asking her what she understood about tithing and she basically taught us what it was... And then commited to come to church and to pay tithing.. Then, yesterday, she came to church and we had a nice discussion about the blessings of being members of the church.. She has such an amazing desire to get baptized and I am SO EXCITED for her baptism next week.. I'll write you all about it and have pictures and stuff for you next week.
But I really gotta get going. Just know that I am loving my mission and I am soaking up every amazingly hot and sweaty moment of it!! And most of all, I love each and every one of you and thank you so much for all your support!
Until Next week,
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment