Sep 26, 2010

~ Strange Happenings, Bugs Galore, & Baptisms~



Hello Family and Friends and whoever you are!

This week was so awesome! and I don't wanna bore you with the day to day schedule thingy anymore.. Personally its super hard to type the big long day for day thing. Anyways.. I'll get right into it. Me and Elder Painagan witnessed a miracle this week! Our prayers were answered for Sister Rofina.. The one who has been investigating the church for like 8 years, I think.. Basta, she is the sister of our bishop and has been investigating for a LONG LONG TIME and nobody has been able to dunk her yet.. UNTIL NOW!!! BOOM... Ok so I'll tell you what's up.
So we visit her on Wednesday and we teach her about the Plan of Salvation.. Like our purpose on earth and all that jazz.. Then I ask her what she has been doing to prepare to return to her Father in heaven.. Then her reply was that she, ON HER OWN, without us saying anything to her was that she stopped drinking coffee in preparation for her upcoming baptism.. I was like WHAT?! Like that is the coolest thing ever, our investigator quit drinking coffee out of her own desire to be baptized. She said that she really feels something different and that for some reason she is so excited for her baptism (on October 3).. Well syempre, we are just as excited if not more about that.. Then we went back to her on saturday just to go say Hello and see what was goin on and to invite her to church.. SHe used to go to church every week but then she was offended by one of the sisters in the ward and hasnt been back in like 4+ years.. So we were kinda bummed about that.. But we simply invited her to church and the next day... SHE CAME TO CHURCH.. like I cannot describe to you the happiness I felt as I saw her smiling walking in to the true church of god. It was amazing! Then later on that night on Sunday Elder Painagan and I went on a split I worked with a ward missionary. And we went to her house for the last appointment and taught her about Faith.. the first principle of the gospel.. And then I just asked her if she had any questions or anything she would like to say.. And then came like one of the most heartfelt and amazing thank you's I have ever had in my life. She basically sad that because of me and Elder Painagan and for our help to her that she has found the truth.. She grabbed both of my hands and was like "I will never forget you as the person who brought me unto Christ"... (Roughly translated).. She just cried and said thank you and that she had been waiting so long for a conformation and all this.. It was AWESOME! I can't wait for her baptism.. I just hope that she can continue to progress in the right direction... WOW Spiritual bombshell.. it rocked!
Anyways.. On to different business... So I confirmed the myth of "Do Cockroaches Bite?".... Well the answer is YES YES and YES! Very hard and it hurts a lot.. Ok so let me tell you how it happened.. It all started when I saw this HUGE friggin cockroach crawl out from behind one of the tiles in the bathroom when i was showering.. So I got Permetherin (like the bug killer stuff) and poured it down this hole behind one of the tiles in the bathroom.. yeah.. BAD IDEA! Cuz like 500 thousand cockroaches like came storming out of the hole and like all over the bathroom and the whole apartment. Like I struck THE MOTHER NEST.. Ok so from then on there have been like at least 20 cockroaches within sight at any time in our apartment.. And i think the permetherin just made things worse.. I started spraying the whole apartment and stuff but that just seemed to tick them off even more.. Until one night I was sleeping and I hear this like crumpling sound like paper and I feel this think like on my face.. So I wake up and im like half concious and I rub my face and there is a HUGE cockroach on my face.. Then I hear it hiss at me then it bit my lip.. It hurt a lot.. and Now I have a nice little scab on my lip and i hope it doesnt get infected. ewwww..... SO yeah.. thats the first story.

Second... Last night we spent the night at the ward 3 Elder's apartment cuz our p-day was close by and I am sick of my apartment.. ok so were all just hanging out downstairs and minding our own buisness.. when all of a sudden we hear this weird like thump come from one of the vacant rooms that they weren't using upstairs.. We kinda just brushed it off and kept talking.. Then all of a sudden theres this super loud shuffling and I see this bright flash come from the room.. But I was the only one that saw it and I got like way freaked out but nobody believed me.. Anyways.. so we wait like another 5 minutes and there's another super bright flash that comes from the room and this time the other elders saw it.. So were all like downstairs huddled together cuz it was way creepy.. Then Me and Elder Jarusalem got brave enough to go look in the room to see what the heck happened.. So as we were climbing the stairs we start to smell the smell of like burning matches.. So we were like "what the heck".. and as soon as we get to the room I look in and I see a box of matches in the middle of the room that was smoking and had embers and stuff on it.. So me and jarusalem like freak out cuz we have no idea how the matches could get there and how they could light themselves.. They were the strike on box only matches. It was so weird.. Something went in the dresser.. Opened the drawer.. Put the matches in the middle of the room and light the whole box on fire.It was like one of the most weird expeirences of my life.. So we ended up just saying a kneeling prayer in the middle of the room and like casting out the spirits that were there.. and it was just way freaky. So yeah.. as you can see.. IT's been an exciting week for me haha
But Yeah.. That's pretty much it.. I hoped you loved it.. And I just want to bear my testimony that the church is true and I am really feeling the Lord help me in my work and I AM LOVING IT!!! I love my mission!! I am bummed that I will be home in less than a year :(..
I love you all!!
Elder Hansen

No comments: