Sep 13, 2010

~ Loving San Pablo~



Hello family and friends and other peeps!!

Ok.. So my life continues to go like a million miles an hour here in the big city. But I am loving it! I miss the country side and the huge rice fields of my last areas, but I am learning to love it here in San Pablo.. It's really convienent cuz we are like right next to the mission home, so I get packages and letters like WAY fast! Speaking of Packages.. Mom I got your package and THANK YOU SO MUCH!! But to be honest, I didn't really need what was in there haha.. I haven't even used half of the hygene supplies that you sent in the last package haha.. But the Hair gel was amazing! I am sick of using the crap stuff here.. Anyways Thanks mom!! I love you!!

Ok, so today for P-day, we just went and played a little ping pong at the Stake Center and sad to say.. I lost a couple times to Elder Jarusalem... He's a tough competitor! After that, we went to Mc Donalds and got something to eat then came straight here. Later on today we do'nt have anything scheduled which is AMAZING! Like I don't have a second to myself here.. Like I thought my last areas were busy... it is like double here.. Our ward keeps us busy with assignments and things to do all the time.. When were not out procelyting were taking care of things and helping out our ward. This is the first day since I've been here that I think I can just relax and maybe even take a nap! WOOT! So, I'm definately excited for that!

Anyways.. For this week.. I'm not gonna go through my entire week day by day anymore.. I think I will just share with you some of the cool experiences that I have been having.

So, we have been teaching this lady named Rofina and she our Bishop's sister.. She has been investigating the church for about 8 years now and nobody has been able to get her dunked.. She used to go to church every week and she is basically like a member! So, we started teaching her and she is like amazing at all of the church doctrine.. We were able to breeze through the restoration and Book of Mormon, cuz she already knows the whole story. And so, we were like SWEET!! This will be no problem.. So, we go to her the second time.. And she punts us.. She basically tells us that she isn't feeling good and that she has a lot of work to do.. and all this stuff.. But we could clearly see that she was just watching tv and she looked like she was doing fine. So we were caught a little off guard..
The next couple of days past, and me and my companion prayed for her that she would be able to be converted through us and we ended up fasting for her.. Then on the next appointment we went to her and she reluctantly let us in her house.. I could tell something was up with her.. But we started the lesson as usual and then in the middle of the lesson my comp just stops teaching and looks at her and says.. "Its ok".. you can tell us what's bothering you. Were here to help you and to guide you.".. He kinda went on like that and comforted her until she just broke down and started crying. She told us how she had been investigating the church for so many years now but she could never find the strength to join becuase of some of the things she has done in her life.. (She didn't tell us what).. And that she couldn't talk to the bishop cuz it's her brother and all this stuff.. Like she basically told us everything that was holding her back from being baptized.. this was awesome cuz now we have a chance to resolve her concerns.. So, yesterday, we went back to her and we saw a big change in her coutenance and the lessons are going so much better now that we understand one another. And we were able to give her a baptismal Goal date for OCTOBER 3!! We are so excited for her!

Nextly..
Nanay Mercedes.. We met her tracting and she is one of those grandmas who like never runs out of stories and never shuts up haha... So, we taught her the first lesson.. sorta.. Or it was more like we would teach for like 3 minutes then she would interject with a story about her grandchildren .. and it was like ahhhhhh " THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GOSPEL" haha.. But we were patient with her. And we were able to give her a BOM.. she said that her eyes were bad and that she couldn't read it but we gave it to her anyways, not expecting much to come of it.. But when we went back to her, Nanay was so excited to see us! She immediately got some rice and ulam and fed us then she was like "Tell me more about this book!".. And I said "I thoght you couldn't read.. why do you want to know more?".. Then she went on to explain that the book seemed to call out to her until one day she was prompted to go buy glasses, so that she could read it.. So she did and she finished the entire introduction of the book and was hungry to know more.. And from there we were able to have a great lesson and teach about the BOM.. It was amazing!!! Never underestimate the power of the Book of Mormon.. It never ceases to amaze me!!
Anyways.. My hand is killing from typing and I can't think of anything else that I wanna tell you.. Other than.. I am senior companion and District Leader here In San Pablo.. I think you asked me 'bout that... But anyways, family and friends, I LOVE YOU so much!! Keep on keepin on!!!
I love you all!
Elder Hansen

No comments: