Sep 12, 2010

~ Training Madness~ 2010


HOY!!!
I have absolutely 0 TIME! I have a family home evening in like a half hour.. I am gonna have to make this quick!!

Ok.. So this week has been honestly like a whirl whind.. Like I dont really remember all that much and my planner doesnt really help me much either because I still have no idea where my areas are.. Who our investigators are.. and what the heck I am doing every day here. Haha.... Like I guess I just got used to the quiet simple life of the smaller areas and now that I am here in the City it is nuts and just magulo!
But ill start off my telling you a little about my companion.. Elder Painagan.. He is from Visayas, a different part of the Philippines and he has been out for 9 months now.. He is way good at teaching and we seem to get along quite well.. Except for the fact that I dont think i have seen a "Real" smile come from him since weve been comps.. He is like one of those people that just doesnt know how to loosen up and have fun.. Like he is always uptight about stuff and when he smiles its like totally fake.. So I am working on him to get him to enjoy his life here :)... Like he comes from such humble circumstances and from so many hardships like I just dont think he has ever really had the opportunity to have real good quality fun.. Or when we do have fun like he doesnt understand what it is.. Its really weird.. I am trying to get a read on him but its kinda tough... anyways.. thats my companion!

But about my area.. yeah.. I still am like in wonderland of lights, cars and people.. everything to me looks the same and I really have no idea where we walk.. I kinda just follow my comp around haha.. But I do know like 2 subdividions which we go to quite often.. But other than that pretty much nothin so far.. A lot of our work this week has just been Reactivation and Recent converts, which means that we have a TON of tracting ahead of us. Which I am excited for. But Im like way sorry that I dont know much more about my area. Its just San Pablo basically.. Like cars and smoke and people and loudness all the time and ahhhhhh.... haha.. Chaos!

But this past week we had an awesome training opportunity in the San Pablo chapel for all of the leaders in the mission.. IE District leaders, ZLs and Trainers. We all met up in the chapel and for 3 days we went over the "Simplified Curriculum" as they call it.. Yes, they are yet again revising the way us missionaries work. Instead of using lessons 1-5 in that order, they are really stressing our work on revelation and teaching investigators how to recieve revelation through, Prayer, Reading, Church Attendance etc... We will still be using the pamphlets but we can basically teach them whatever we want according to the investigators needs.. Its really cool cuz that means we really have to get to know our investigators and I think it will help speed up the learning process for them. The training was all day for 3 days.. President and the AP's gave workshop after workshop and we practiced teaching and getting our skills honed to a T.. I loved it.. It was so much fun! But yeah that was that..

And mom as for Lindsey's drawing I am just gonna send it.. I have a poster tube and I was thinking of sending it Air Mail through LBC.. They say for delicate items that is the best way to send it... So I'll get it off this week.. The postage is gonna be somewhere around 30 bucks i think cuz its air mail. But other than that I am gonna have to go!! I gotta get ready for my FHE..

I love you all so so so much! thank you for everything!!
Elder Hansen

No comments: