Hey everyone!
So, I have some sweetness news for you!! First of all.. I was transferred to San Pablo Ward 1.
My new companion's name is Elder Painagan and he is from Visayas and he is awesome! We already get along so well! My area here in San Pablo is like way, way CITY! Like I walked into one of the supermarkets earlier and I got so overwhelmed.. Like I hadn't been in an environment LIKE that for a long long time.. and to be honest it is a bit of an adjustment coming straight from the mountains and being in the city environment.
As we have been working I have also been having to adjust myself to the personalities of the people here.. It is so much different than in the mountians. Like the tagalog is so weird here.. Cuz it's like this.. When your up in the boondocks you use like the most politically correct and most polite type of tagalog and you use virtually NO english. Here in the city its like way different, all the people can basically understand english and it sounds weird to them if you don't mix english in to your tagalog especially if your an American.. Yesterday, we were teaching this lady and I was teaching and in the middle of my teaching she said in straight english to me.. "What's wrong with your tagalog? You use a strange dialect." I was kind of thrown off guard and then she explained that sometimes it is confusing to her when I use all of the deep tagalog words and the pluralness markers.. Like instead of using the word "Ninyo or Kayo" for the word "You" they use "Mo and Ka" It's hard to explain in words but it's just like a big adjustment to me.. In a way its' nice because I can use english and what not but at the same time it's hard cuz I know some words in Tagalog that I don't know exactly in english haha.. Anyways.. Thats about it..
But as for my last week in Paete..
It went well and we worked SO HARD!! one day we tracted for 5 hours straight and found 20 new investigators.. I left that area in ship shape! And the night before I left we ate at one of the member's houses and they fed me SNAILS marinated in coconut milk along with this soup stuff.. It was actually really good and it was a big honor because those snails are hard to find and they are considered a delecasy in the Philippines.. It was awesome! But aside from that, many members expressed their gratitude to me and all my hard work was worth it there!!
Anyways... That's pretty much it for me. I am looking forward to this amazing experience in the City of San Pablo!
I love each and every one of you!!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment