Aug 23, 2010

~ Where in the world is E. Hansen? ~











Hello Family, Friends, Enemies, Teachers, Bishops, and whoever else gets this!!

This week in Elder Hansen's book of weeks has been definitely amazing! I'll start it off with the news of the week..

IM TRANSFERRED! Yes, that means I will be leaving my beloved Paete and going on to bigger and better things.

Second! Is that our branch had 2 more baptisms this week!!! WOOT!! One of them was a "child of record" and another was a convert baptism. Which means for the entire month of August, every week we have had a baptism! It is so amazing!! I am so sad that I am leaving this amazing area! The members are so strong and the work is going so amazingly! I hope my next area will be as good as this one.

So yeah, I don't have much time to email this week and I didn't bring my planner with me so I dont think I will be able to do the day for day thing like I have been doing in my other emails.. I am just going to go off memory here.. So, today we had an activity at our church with the Single Adults where we played volley ball.. It was so much fun except I got sunburned yet again!! GRRR!! But cuz they are all so short, Elder Liddle and I had no problem spiking the ball right over their heads lol.. It was a ton of fun. After the volleyball we all came back in the church and the Sister Missionaries cooked us up some food! MmMmM! It was delicious! But my comp got diareaah from it lol.. But it's all good.. After we ate and all hung out until I taught my english class! It was my last class with my branch and we were all sad that I have to be transferred.. I had such an awesome time teaching them english! They are all so smart its amazing!!

Anyways.. This past Saturday was an awesome as well. Us 4 missionaries had the opportunity to teach the Relief Society and then later on to hold a Branch Fireside. Us missionaries were the teachers at the fireside. We taught the members how to fellowship, retain and give referrals to the missionaries. At the end of our fireside we handed out referral cards and got a ton of new referrals! I have pictures of our activities that I will post later.
And last week we met a new family! The TimogTimog family. they are from Saudi Arabia and their tagalog is worse than mine lol.. It was fun to teach them cuz they were fluent in English and kind of fluent in tagalog.. So when I taught them I used Taglish haha.. like 50% english and 50% tagalog.. They were really receptive to our message and have good potential to be baptized! It was fun! But this week we also had some bad news about one of our best investigators.. Sister Melody. The word on the street is that she got some new trabaho so she had to move to Calumba to work so we won't be teaching her anymore.. And her parents weren't sure exactly where she was staying so we weren't able to pass referral cards to the missionaries in calumba but it's all good. Umm.. what else..

One of our progressing investigators Rolando Basco, came to church again! For the second time in a row! And he is showing great progression and he will be baptized on September 25.. It was amazing! Yesterday we taught him at the church and we taught him about the plan of salvation.. and at the end I bore my testimony saying how grateful I was to be baptized and to know what I need to do to make it back to my Heavenly Father's presence.. And after my testimony he simply said.. I am so grateful to know these things too.. I just need to be baptized! It was so powerful.. He sincerely expressed his desire to change and to come unto Christ! There is nothing like that feeling! I am just bummed I won't be there for his baptism! But yeah.. I am gonna miss this area so much! I can honestly say this is the area where I became a 100% true and complete missionary. This area has been my hardest by far because I have been the one leading, but I wouldn't trade my experience here for anything in the world! I have met so many amazing people here and I can't wait till I can find a way back here after my mission. I am gonna miss Paete so much! AHHH!! But like my good Uncle Todd always says.. "Onward and Upward".. And as his kin, I will echo his words.
Onward and Upward!

Thank you for all that you do! Each one of you has blessed my life and in turn you are blessing the lives of the people here in the Philippines! I love you all!
Elder Hansen

No comments: