Aug 22, 2010

~ Cat Fever & Golden Contacts~





Hey family, friends and whoever else reads this!

This week was full of surprises and fun and emergencies and yeah... It just was a weird week to say the least! But it was awesome at the same time.. SO much happened! I'll go ahed and try my best to summarize it for you! haha

Ok, so, today is Monday..
We basically woke up, cleaned the apartment and made ham and cheese sandwiches.. The sister missionaries decided to join us for lunch and when they came over neither one of them had ever tried ham in their life. They thought it was the groosest thing that i would eat ham cold on a sandwich without cooking in first haha.. It was so funny, i took a piece of cold wet ham and put it in my mouth and it made Sister Camingao gagg haha! She actually got up and ran to the bathroom haha.. Good times. Anyways, after that we basically just came to the computer shop! And Boom.. now im here typing to you all haha.. Later on at 4 I will be teaching an english class which I am way excited for! Then we have a family home evening at one of our investigators houses :).. So Ive got a fun filled day ahed of me :)

So now to Last week..

Tuesday:

Definately a great day! In the morning we woke up and went to a family that we just met on the side of the road and taught them the first lesson.. Their last name is Tierra and there is 4 of them. While we were teaching the first lesson to them they seemed to be interested and were asking a lot of really good questions. So at the end of the lesson I got this prompting to commit all 4 of them to baptism on september 25, like even the date and everything came to my mind. It was like super specific... So I stopped my companion while he was teaching and I simply asked.. "Do you believe what were teaching you?".. when they answered yes, I asked "Do you believe that through Joseph Smith god restored his true church on the earth?" The mother of the family looked at her husband and then looked down at the pamphlet for about 20 seconds, but it felt like an hour... then she looked up and answered "yes, I believe".. Then I asked, "will you act upon that belief and commit to be baptized on September 25 by someone with the priesthood authority from god"... Then something amazing happened! All 4 of them committed to baptism on September 25.. So that was like the highlight of my day/week! It was awesome!! And later on that day we went by sister Gema Alamo, one of our solid investigators and taught her about the plan of salvation. which was way cool too! haha.. She says she is still searching for a sign that our church is true and that when she recieves it she will be baptized. So were praying for her there.. After that we went by some of our other investigators in Longos and finished out the day like normal..

Wednesday:

In the morning was district meeting yet again! And I gave a workshop about language.. And that we don't use any worldly language to convey the message of salvation to our investigators. I applied chapter 7 of preach my gospel to the "Spiritual Language" and how we can become fluent in the Language of the spirit so that we can connect better to our investigators and such.. It was good!! After that we all ate lunch at Jolliebee and I got the Champ burger.. SO DELICIOUS! But not as good as mcdonalds... Then after that we came home and got ready to visit Sister Carmen.. She has been praying and trying to stop smoking but she is finding it very challenging so were helping her the best we know how.. Were going to make a plan for her to quit smoking and try to check up on her whenever were in her area. She agreed and is determined to be baptized! Then we stopped by Sister Melody, another one of our solid investigators and taught her about the book of mormon.. she is way awesome and we hope to give her a BGD soon. After that we walked about 45 minutes to find Sister Michelle but she wasnt there.. Yeah.. an hour and a half.. wasted.. IT sucked! But thats mission life sometimes... Its all good, I had a nice time walking and chatting with my comp :)... After that we made the long trek back to Paete where my comp got a gupit (haircut) so we could look good for Zone Conference the next day :)...

Thursday:

ZONE CONFERENCE!!!
Yay zone conference again! Which means we woke up at about 5 am and left our apartment for San Pablo at about 6 am and arrived there about 8.. Then we had a leadership meeting with President Anderson and Elder and Sister Jafek, they are the Philippines medical advisors.. They came to our Zone Conference to warn us about Dengue Fever.. Apparantly there has been an outbreak in our mission and Dengue fever can sometimes be fatal.. Apparantly, if you get Dengue Fever you have to get a blood transfusion and you get a super high fever and red spots on your skin and yeah its just not fun.. They are contracted through mosquito bites, so i went and bought this little mosquito repellant thing that you plug into the wall to keep me safe at night haha.. Anyways, our Zone Con was themed a lot about health and changes that will be occoring in our mission.. They called it "The New and Simplified Traning Plan"... It basically makes it so we have Zone Conference and Zone Interviews once a quarter instead of once a transfer but there will be a lot more hands on training and president anderson is going to start working with the missionaries.. I am way excited for that.. I cant imagine President Anderson doing what we do every day haha.. walking miles and miles in the heat.. And the funniest part is, he doesnt speak tagalog, so how is he supposed to evaluate our teaching lol.. That should be fun!! haha But yeah.. This Zone Conference was the Last zone con of my good friend Elder Byers, he got home yesterday.. Rest in Peace Elder Byers... Anyways, Zone con was amazing!!

Friday:

So, we woke up on friday, spiritually fueled from zone conference and ready to work.. And when we went out we didn't see much success to be honest.. We only made it to 3 lessons that day and got punted from our other 5 appointments.. It was tough but we got some good tracting in and found some new investigators. Our first appointment that we made it to was tierra family.. we were only able to teach the nanay of the family because the dad and kids were off to work and school.. But she accepted our message and followed up on all of our commitments to her! So that was good.. The next appointment that we reached was sister Gema Alamo again.. We basically just chatted with her and her husband.. Her husband had a lot of questions for us and we were able to answer them all so it was all good. Now her husband is listening to us YAY! haha.. After that we went by some of my little kid friends in longos.. Thers about 8 of them and they love me so I love them too haha.. They all love our lessons and were trying to use them as a way to start teaching their entire families. So yeah.. thats pretty much my friday

Saturday:

Yeah.. SO this was the day of friggin bad luck.. I just had really bad luck! So we go out in the morning and teach 2 lessons, one was to a less active and one to Sister Buhay, no problems there.. All was well.. Then we went to lunch at Brother Dino's house.. And I started playing with their cats and ended up getting a friggin bad allergic reaction, like my neck like swelled up and got a big rash on it and I was having trouble breathing so we ran to the apartment where i have an inhaler and benydril which saved me lol... But then when I was laying there and resting, our house starts filling up with smoke! I was like what the heck!! then i noticed that someone out front of our apartment was burning a load of used bamboo and all of the smoke was flowing straight in to our house.. I was having trouble breathing as it was, then to have all of the smoke coming into our house didn't help at all. So yeah, that was the start of my misfourtune.. Anyways, so we finally decided to just leave the apartment and work cuz it was getting filled with smoke. I figured id be better off trying to get over my sickness away from the smoke.. So the second i step out of the apartment I stepped right in dog crap.. yeah.. fresh dog doo doo.. MmMmm good times! Then as we started walking to Longos my allergies started getting worse and worse and so we just basically sat on the side of the road till I could catch my breath again. Then after like 20 mins we decided to try to go back to the house, it was still a little smoky but it was barable with an electric fan. So there we stayed for the rest of the day.. Before that event I was ok with cats.. But now I am officially a CAT HATER!!

Sunday

ok, so Sunday.. We went to church and all was well there.. One of our investigators came to church finally which was amazing! But in the middle of church the Patriarch calls and says that my companion has an appointment with him all the way in Santa Cruz... Like an hour and a half away.. so right after church we had to go all the way to Santa Cruz and cancel a lot of our afternoon appointments.. GRR!! and the worst part was when we finally made it to Santa Cruz the patriarch wasnt even at the stake center so we had to have the stake president draw us directions to his house and we spent like an hour finding it.. When we finally found the patriarch's house he was sitting on his couch watching TV.. And we were like uhh... you were supposed to give my comp a blessing.. He was like way surprised and apparantly one of the members from our branch texted him and said that we weren't coming anymore.. But in the end my comp got his partiarchal blessing and all was well.. It just basically wasted our entire day.. We didnt get back to our area until like 6 that night so we were only able to get like 2 appointments that day. But its all good!!

Anyways people, I am loving my mission! I am really feeling the urgency and the importance of my calling and I love serving the Lord!! Thank you all for all of your support and inspiration! I love you all!!
Elder Hansen

No comments: