Dec 6, 2010

~ Jason's Baptism ~ Teaching At The River~


Hey everyone!!

How to start this email...... hmmm.... So much happened, I am at a loss where to start.. I guess I'll just tell you guys about the pinaka-best thing that happened. BAPTISM!!! Woot!! Jason Ilagan took the plunge last saturday and then yesterday he was confirmed a member of the church in sacrament meeting.. This baptism was particularly special for me because I was the one who found and lead Jason through his preparation for baptism the whole way, whereas a lot of my baptisms have been fruits of other missionaries... whether they were taught in the past or investigators of other missionaries who transferred before me.. I honestly think this is my first baptism where I taught him the whole entire time up until he was baptized. The spirit was so, so strong at his baptismal service and his testimony after he was baptized was so amazing. He particularly mentioned my name in it and told me to tell you thank you for letting me come here and change his life and bring him to the true gospel. Even though he doesn't know you family, Brother Jason Loves you and is grateful for your sacrifice. So, that was like the highlight of my week this week.

Next, for P-day, we woke up early and went biking at Sampalok Lake, it was really fun. We rented some Bikes for like 50 pesos and you just ride on this road that goes all the way around the lake. It was way peaceful and I was able to have a nice chat with my companion and zone mates! Goood times.. After that we went to SM, of course and window shopped haha.. I didn't get anything cuz christmas isnt close enough haha, I feel bad. And now were here in the computer shop and I am typing this to you.
Also, this week I have a little bit of bad news about sister Suwarez.. Me and Elder Mina had to drop her as an investigator. In our weekly planning that is just what we felt was right because even though she knew the Book of Mormon was true she still would not act on that faith. She also said that she was binisita by some missionaries of her church and that she just couldnt make the choice to be baptized. It was way sad when we were leaving she cried and told us she was so sorry. It is so pitiful to see people gain that kind of faith and testimony and then not act upon it because of pressure from their families. It broke my heart..
But on the contrary, we found a lot of new investigators this week! Elder Mina and I decided to start really working a lot in an area that has kinda been neglected and so on sunday we tracted there and found a ton of new investigators. We went to one of the government established subdivisions and went tracting for about an hour there.. NO SUCCESS!! It was sad, but then when we made it to the very back of the subdivision there was a huge cliff type thing with a river at the bottom.. And I saw some people there.. MY other mga kasama were like "alright, lets just go... Nobody is gonna listen to us here".. But then I was like "Hey even if they are way down at the bottom of a cliff thing, they are children of god and need to hear the gospel".. I mostly said it just cuz I wanted to try something different and hike down to this river thing haha.. I honestly didnt expect any of them to listen to us but as soon as we started hiking down, all the people were staring at us and pointing.. Wondering what the heck 2 kids dressed in nice white shirts and ties were doing coming down to see them. But when we got there I talked to the first person I saw.. It was a young lady by the name of Analyn Dela Rosa.. She thought that we were the police and that we were there to kick them off of the land haha cuz it is owned by the government. But then we explained who we were and why we were there.. Apparantly we were the very first missionaries who have made the adventure to their humble paligid.. It was cool. So we started teaching this woman, 21 years old, and as we started to teach we attracted the attention of a bunch of other people.. I didnt get all of their names, nor did we have enough pamphlets to give to them all but basically we found a whole area just overflowing with people that are willing to be taught.. We scheduled a big chunk of our saturday to go back there and see who we can get a hold of. It is pretty exciting!

So yeah, thats pretty much the meat and potatoes of what happened to me this week. All of the notable experiences. This week for me was awesome and I cant wait to get this one started in about 30 mins!! haha.. we are going over to Brother Jason's house to watch the restoration movie and we still need to change! So I better get going! I love you all so so much!! Thank you all and
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Oh and if any of you love me, you will send me a refrigerated package with Egg Nog in it... I miss that stuff!!!
Anyways Love you all
Elder Hansen

No comments: