Dec 2, 2010

9 Baptism's Possible For January 2011~ YEAH!


Hello peeps!!

This week went amazingly!! First off we all experienced a holiday... (I think)... I am pretty sure that last Thursday was Thanksgiving, so me and my companion went out to Pizza Hut to celebrate.. And yes, we each said something we were thankful for before we ate.. It was amazing! But I have some bad news... I lost my umbrella AGAIN!!! GRRRR!!! and it hasn't come back to me yet. I am gonna wait like another week and if it doesn't come back to me I will probably cry..
Anyways, on to other business... This week me and my companion accomplished one of our goals and I am so proud of us.. We gave each and every one of our progressing investigators a baptismal goal date. Yes, ALL of them. We just hope that they do what they need to do in order to be baptized. In all we have 9 investigators due to be baptized before the end of January.. But realistically I say that maybe like 4 or 5 will make it by that date. But its all good we have faith in them!! I love them all!!

Also this week I went on splits with Elder Leblanc.. He is from canada and speaks french as his first language haha.. He speaks english too but we mostly just spoke Tagalog to eachother haha it was weird being with another white guy mostly just speaking Tagalog. Elder Leblanc is our zone leader and we had a good day. Ok... good story! So you remember that really super creepy place I went to a few weeks ago like in teh jungle where the people had like NO visitors ever?... well I was telling Leblanc about that experience and he said that he wanted to go there so we did. As we were going I was having second thoughts about the whole thing and didnt realy wanna go back, especially cuz were both white. But we went and when we got there it was completely different. The people were actually nice to us and listened to our message and we didnt have a creepy feeling. So we shared a message with them and we have a return appointment with them this week. It was actually a nice suprise!
Also our investigator Jason, who we have been teaching for about a month and a half now is going to be baptized this saturday. His wife is a member of the church and they are both so excited as well as me! I cant wait to see him in the waters of baptism. Me and Elder Leblanc both taught him and Leblanc was way impressed with his knowledge of the scriptures and just his progression in general. I cant wait till friday for his interview! wooott!!
umm... what else.. Oh! This week also I met a guy from america, his name is Eric and he is from Virgina Beach and best of all he lives in my area... He is filipino and is going to school here in the philippines, we are the same age and he seems way cool. So while we were on the jeep i told him what we were all about and invited him to learn. he accepted and we are going to his HUGE house on tuesday morning. I'll let you know how that goes it was pretty cool!
Also this week was Stake Conference for San Pablo stake. The theme was "Families can be together forever".. Probably the most trunky subject ever!!! Our ward sang in the adult session and basically it was like 3 hours of hearing how grateful people are for their families.. It made me miss all of you guys so so much but then made me feel grateful for the family I have here in the Philippines. After the conference we ate as a zone and it was way good!
Oh and we encountered a problem with Sister Suarez.. Grr... we went to go teach her and she basically said to us that she is gonna wait on the baptism thing because some missionaries from her church, United Church of Christ of the Philippines, came by and filled her head full of jelly and is making her confused about this church.. So were not sure what to do there.. Just fast and pray i guess... It is kinda disappointing, but its all good.
And the Tuazon family, despite their mga pagsubok are still progressing. They all came to stake conference and it was awesome to see them there. I am not nervous that they wont be baptized cuz i know they have a testimony. we just need to wait for the right time. I just hope I can be there when they get baptized.
Anyways... all is well in my area and with my work.. and my health.. To make things clear, I just got a small flu bug last week and I am completely over it now and doing better than ever! So dont worry about me.
Well I love you all and thank you so much for your support to me!!!
Loves
Elder Hansen

No comments: