Nov 22, 2010

~ Sick Elder Hansen~


Hey mga tao....

So this week for me was kind of another epic failure... But not because of choices my investigators made, or because of the weather or because of my companion. No... It was because of something much, much smaller. Something that cannot be seen by the human eye.. The thing that ruined my week this week is a small microorganism only about 80 nanometers in diameter which attach to host cells to reproduce thus infecting the cell and multiplying itself... If you havent got it already, a friggin VIRUS,... NO CHRIS NOT A COMPUTER VIRUS.... But a real live 100% kosher, living, and killing, virus.. It basically knocked me out of this world from Wednesday night until Sunday. I was basically just throwing up with a super high fever, thursday and friday, then Saturday I was feeling a little better but my body was so weak I couldnt handle working so we stayed in that day too.. Omg it sucked so so so so bad!!! But let me tell you something that happened to me when I was sick, it was so weird.. Like it was crazy. So I was laying down on my bed and I was just trying to get myself to get out of bed to get water, but for some reason I just couldn't move. I was like in this trans-like state.. (im pretty sure i was like hallucinating at this point) So I started thinking of each action as a puzzle piece, and as I found the spot for each piece my body would be able to like get out of bed and do stuff..

So, I start thinking of like puzzles with like 3 pieces.. And of course those are like really easy to do, so i was just doing them in my head for each action I would do.. But then when I almost made it to the fridge my mind all of a sudden went to a 250 piece puzzle!! And like my whole world like went nuts.. I was like "what the heck!!! how am I gonna do that.. And like my body just froze in its place.. So I was like caught in this way high-fever, trans-like, hallucinatory bind with my own mind. I couldnt move or talk or see anything but this huge blank, black puzzle in my head with no pieces. I couldnt even see the pieces so i thought I was just screwed. But somehow I found a chair to sit in and I just sat there thinking.. Ok, maybe if i just sit here i wont have to think about the 250 piece puzzle anymore and i can just go get a drink. So there I was, honestly like not able to move for like 35 minutes (or at least thats what my comp told me) and then all of a sudden I feel this cool sensation on my neck and it was my comp cooling me off with a towel. As soon as he did that I was able to think straight again.. It was crazy!!! and kinda scary too haha...
So anyways, I'll fill you in on the little work we did this week.. Last Tuesday was splits with Elder Gaitano and we basically just tracted all day cuz Elder Gaitano has a reputation for being an awesome tracter haha.. But at night we met a girl that we have been looking for for like 3 weeks!! It was awesome, she was supposed to be baptized but her parents dissapproved, even though they are members. Her Name is Maryfe Gonzalez and she is a senior in highschool and is part of a part member family as I said earler.. So syempre, our first priority there is to fix the problem with the parents and find out why she wasnt baptized the last time the missionaries taught her. So we started asking and asking questions but kept getting dry, dead-end answers.. until finally the mother just came out and said "I don't want her to be baptized because I went through the whole thing and I haven't changed a bit! What makes you think my daughter would change too??"... BOOM! Out came the concern and Me and Elder Gaitano were able to become instruments of the spirit to help teach this family. We opened up to the book of Enos and read the story about prayer and repentance and the importance of faith and action. We helped the family understand that just getting baptized and then sitting at your house isnt gonna do anything. Its so hard sometimes to teach these people who have been raised in the catholic church who only go to church 2 times a year and think there saved. So we explained that the Lord requires us to do our part in order to reap the blessings, we were bold with the mother when we told her that the reason she hadn't changed is cuz she hadn't friggin' done anything or excercised her faith at all... Hindering her progression.. And at that same time we told her that even as a parent, you have no right to hold back your daughter from receiving the most important saving ordinance because of your lack of faith. After we shared this to her, the mother realized that we were 100% right. We then asked for permission to teach her daughter again, and when the time comes, to baptize her. She agreed. And at that time that is when we showed a greater outpouring of love toward the family and promised them many blessings. It was awesome! The spirit was so strong! So now we have a gold to reactivate that family and baptize Maryfe. It was tiiight!!

Then our Sunday went pretty good as well.. We spent quite a while at our choir practice because we are singing in Stake Conference next week as a ward. but after that we were able to make it back to See Maryfe.. She is progressing quite well and we have much hope for her. Then we stopped by the Tuazon family. They are still unsure about when they can be baptized so we are just waiting it out at this point. Its really hard for us to get a hold of the dad because he works as a truck driver and he is only home for like hours at a time each month. And when he's home, he doesn't really wanna listen to us so were kinda stuck in a pickle there.. So, keep praying for us. And after that we went by our investigator Jason's house. He wasnt expecting us but gladly let us in... Our lessons are so awesome with him because he really reads and researches about the topics we assign to him. Our lessons are only like 15 minutes long with him because he already knows the material when we get there. We are so excited for his baptism on the 5th of December! It will be awesome!!!
So, that's pretty much it for me this week! For lack of a better term... I'll just say my week was "SICK"... In every sense of the word.
I love you all so much and miss you!!!
Loves
Elder Hansen

No comments: