Dec 26, 2010

~ Weddings & 16 Progressing investigators~



Hello people!!!

First and foremost...

Maligayang Pasko sa Inyong Lahat!!

Its finally here.. and it seems way way too fast! This week was a good one.. despite it being the week before christmas, we were able to get a lot of work done and we weren't too trunked out... Just a little bit.. When i got your package I was missin you guys, but its all good.. we buckled down (as dad so eloquently says) and got to work. So this week I had the AMAZING opportunity to go on splits with my MTC companion, si Elder Muller! He is pretty much the man at missionary work and we ROCKed his area.. Not to mention for lunch that day I used some of my christmas money and treated him out to one of the best restaurants in the Philippines... Arabellas.. It is recognized throughout all of the philippines, it is very delicious! I had a T-bone steak myself and then finished it off with a nice chocolate mousse.. all for about 5 bucks.. yeah.. the philippines ROCKS! ahahaha.. Then that night E Muller and I had some free pizza at a restaurant that is owned by a member.. But the most amazing part was I was able to interview a woman they were teaching who was scheduled to be married the next day. She passed and I was able to attend her wedding in the chapel in Nagcarlan but we had to leave for the baptism portion because I had yet another Marriage to attend. Sister Anna and Brother Peter in our ward got married last Saturday after the baptism in Nagcarlan.. It was a lot of fun to see these people be married and I was able to be a part of the wedding.. yeah guess what my part was... Go ahed guess... Yeah, I was definately the ring bearer.. It was weird and I had no idea why they chose me because I barely knew them and it should've been a part of their family.. but yeah I brought them their rings and it was way akward cuz I had to stand there as they made their vows and then give the other one the ring and yeah... it was definately just not proper.
Anyways.. I am like spacing on what else we did this week.. basically just worked and rested a lot cuz Elder Mina is not feeling good.
As for the people at the river, Elder Mina and his companions were able to make it back there and teach all nine of the people we met and find another 4 to be taught. I wasnt able to make it down there myself because we went on splits but as far as I know things are going great! Also this week I went to visit the Tuazon family and I shared a message with them about the true meaning of christmas and Sister chona's husband was there but he didnt listen :(... But i was able to give out the CTR rings you sent me to them. It was way nice!! And we also went by sister marefe this week and she is coming to the ward christmas party tomorrow! we are so excited!! As of right now we have 16 progressing investigators 12 of which have baptismal goal dates.. We are feeling the fire and are excited for each one of them! Well since christmas is a P-day as well.. I will just leave this one short and email you guys again on Christmas.
I love you all so so much!!
Elder Hansen

No comments: