Jan 15, 2011

~ New Area Lucena ~ Running Scared

Hello all,

So, I have a lot of time today so I'll try to take my time to describe to you what happened this week. I'll muster all my strength to do so, and to remember what happened.
But, while my brain is confogulating I will start off by telling you LUCENA IS HARD! haha.. but as our good ol' Stake President used to say "you can do hard things".. let me tell you why it's hard.

Ok so me and my companion started out this week on Tuesday, we were way stoked to get started and we had a full schedule with backups. So. we go out that day and all of the people we had planned to visit punted us.. So we ended up tracting, which isn't that bad at all. But this city is so hard to tract in cuz all of the houses are way huge and some of them have guard dogs and half the time there is no way you can even get close to the door without getting mauled.. its different here in the philippines cuz all of the houses have like huge fences around them and are basically like fortresses. And for the first time in my mission I got chased by a dog.. It was possibly the scariest moment of my mission.. I thought I was a gonner.. let me tell you how it happened... So my comp and I, we like to scare dogs. Cuz half of the dogs in the philippines are like little pansies and they are scared of people and its really funny to just like walk by them then make a sudden movement, like lurch towards them and see them scamper off whimpering. anyways, so Me and elder Liddle like to do that while were out housing cuz its a good way to keep our spirits up and it helps with the dog problem. Anyways, so we were just tracting this one subdivision and I do the sudden lurch motion to a dog who looked prime to scare but it turns out that this was a guard dog pala of the tabing bahay and it just takes off full sprint barking and running towards me.. and of course, I take off to screaming like a little girl while this dog is like jumping nipping at my heels. Luckily my companion came in and made a really loud noise with his backpack, don't ask me how, and the dog stopped chasing me. Afterwards, I looked around me and all of the filipinos had like come out of their houses and were like laughing at me. It was wayyy wayy embarassing.. So we left that little street and I will never go back there haha..
Anyways, that was a crazy experience.. We ended up finding like 1 person that day who listened to us.. not the best. But we'll get it..
Well last wednesday I went to my first district meeting as ZL.. haha it was fun. just thought that I'd say that. IT was the first time in like 9 months that I wasnt the one giving the lesson in district meeting haha.. it was good to get a break. And the workshop that elder butler gave was awesome!! And as an added bonus, the ap's came and visited our zone this week. Elder Olsen came and worked with us which was a great help because first of all.. He has a car, and second of all he was assigned in our area before so he had some awesome investigators to show us. So we went out on thursday morning with him and he showed us some of his old investigators which helped us out a lot. Then that night we went to one of our super rich member's houses and it was like extravagent. They have like 4 different balconys on 4 different levels of their house, and on one of them they have like a planetarium with a bunch of telescopes and stuff.. it was way cool. we just hung out on this balcony thing which overlooked the city and talked for like 45 minutes while they were preparing the food, then we went down the stairs and ate some of the best food ever!! it was rotisserie style chicken with rice and a legit salad.. IT was really good! and a great way to end the day haha.

Overall, this area so far has been super hard because the people are very wealthy and they tend to have hard heads beacause of it. But I will just continue to do my best to find the elect. As far as ZL goes, it is a lot of fun, its kinda strange when all of the zone texts you and expects you to make all of the judgement calls for their investigators haha.. sometimes they text with ridiculous questions that are just common sense to answer but its so much fun to help them all. I love my zone and am having a good time as Zone leader.

This week was good in its own way for me, it wasnt so good if you look at it on paper with how many lessons we taught and so fourth but I am learning so much and building reltaionships that will last a lifetime here. It is awesome! I am loving my mission! Next week for sure I will have pictures for you. I forgot my camera cuz its like dangerous daw in the city to walk around with valuble stuffs.. but thats no excuse.. I'll bring it next time and hook you all up! promise!!
I love you all so so much!!!
Elder Hansen

No comments: