Hello people!!
I don't have much time today, so I am going to keep this short, sweet, and simple!
Ok, so first of all, about the tsunami scare! We weren't affected in any way by the earthquake or tsunami.. The internet wasn't knocked out.. the power stayed on and as far as I know, nothing happened at all. We did have to evacuate some elders from their areas which basically took a day out of our work.. But it was all precautionary. Nothing happened whatsoever.. I know... That is boring news, but it's good news. Maybe that's why when we watch the news it's just pure bad stuff.. Cuz good news is boring hahaha..
Anyways, on to Dariel.... we contacted him this week and he has quit his job and is looking for another.. After our initial lesson with him we haven't been able to text or get in contact with him and he didnt show up to church.. We hope that everything is ok with him.. We know he was having a hard time with money. This week we will do our best to keep him progressing towards baptism.
This week we have been making awesome progress as well with our deaf ward that we are organizing. This week we had a lot of investigators come to church.. And I have been studying up on my sign language and I am able to keep a pretty good conversation going with them now.. We acutally had someone walk about 15 miles to get to church this week. She was deaf, not a member of the church but heard that they were having a deaf church service and she left her house at 9 am to make it to the 3pm sacrament meeting.. She is so awesome!! This saturday we are holding another gathering for them with a dual purpose.. One is to teach Elder Liddle and I Sign Language.. and another for us to teach our deaf investigators.. If all goes well we may just have some deaf baptisms! SWEET!
As for our other investigators they are doing quite well.. We met a HUGE family this past week. It is Sister Angel's (a referral from a member) family. She has like 8 brothers and sisters and some other people just living with them and they all want to hear the lessons.. I think the odds are pretty good that some of them will progress. We are still waiting to get better acquainted with all of them. And also, right next to them we met another family and again the all participated.. It is really rare to have the Tatay's participate in the lessons cuz they are usually drunks or like prideful, so they usually just listen and dont talk much.. But this tatay was FULL of questions. He was kinda paladebate... or uhhh.... . debateful? he really liked to debate with us and his questions were so ridiculous and easy to answer.. not to mention they had to importance to his salvation.... We basically p-owned him with the spirit.. I basically just said to him that our message is simple.. And it is that you can know through the spirit if Joseph Smith is a true prophet. We then testified about the importance of prayer and the spirit was there and it shut him up haha. It was awesome! The spirit and the Book of Mormon are such awesome weapons in 'hostile venues'.. The spirit of god has a way of humbling people.. Its so awesome!
ANyways people.. I really have to go. My time is far spent, there is little remaining. haha hymn ba? I love you all and thank you for all your support to me!!
MUAH!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment