Mar 1, 2011

Zone Conference Clean up ~ The Power of the Book Of Mormon




Hello all!

This week for Elder Liddle and I was once again... AMAZING.. The work in Lucena is finally picking up after about a 3 week downturn.. We are seeing increasing numbers of referrals and quality investigators. One noteable experience this week was yesterday. Elder Liddle and I are currently involved with setting up the first ever All Sign Language ward here in Lucena. Yesterday was the first sacrament meeting for them and we had an awesome turnout! There are about 5 ASL ward memers in Ward 2 and they invited their deaf friends to come to church to the all sign language ward and we had about 25 show up! It was awesome and more than half there were investigators.. Elder Liddle and I met a few interpreters and we are going to start teaching them this week. We are so excited, the deaf people have such awesome spirits!
Second, we had ZONE CONFERENCE... This past Tuesday we had the opportunity to hold zone conference here in Lucena, 3 zones attended, Lucena zone, marinduqe zone, and Lopez zone.. It was a very spiritual and uplifting experience. We heard workshops from the AP's and from President. and not to mention had some awesome food! haha it was a good time.. The only thing is, those 3 zones I mentioned earlier ALL slept over at our apartment last monday night.. It was so crowded and hardly anyone got a good nights rest.. And after they left.. the house was DESTROYED.. So stressful.. WE had to take time out Tuesday morning to clean up from them. Grrr.. But it's all good.
Also news about Dariel.. He quit his job as a bouncer and is now a stock boy for a bookstore.. We haven't been able to contact him other than through text this week.. he works a full day and hardly has any free time.. we are trying to work out a time when we can teach him but as of right now he can't ask for any time off cuz he just hired. There's still hope for him, but were gonna have to move his baptism date.
As for Jennifer and Ray.. We were able to contact them this week and they are still having a hard time commiting to come to church. We have been trying to take it slow with them and not rush things, the little kid there really wants to be baptized so I think were gonna try to focus on him this week and have him show the way to his family.
We have also recently been teaching a new family, the Jalla family. They are way cool and way nice! We taught our first formal discussion with them last week and it went really well. They are very receptive and participated in the lesson really well. Also we had the help of our new Ward Mission Leader, he came to work with us. We don't really have much info on them yet but we will be going to them this week so I'll let you know how that goes.
Also, we have been teaching a girl that we met at Jollibee, her name is Lean.. I think I told you about her last time. She has had a very hard life.. I won't share the details with you in respect to her but it has been rough going for her. We taught her yesterday at a park, we taught her about the plan of salvation and about our purpose here in this life. The lesson was a lot more spiritual than the first one with her.. I think it struck a tone with her because she didn't try to bible bash at all and she could see and feel the sincerity of our message. We incorporated the Book of Mormon in to the lesson and were really bold with her... In her religion it is forbidden to read any form of scripture, including the bible. We told her that if she wants knowledge to know if her religion is true or not she would have to find it for herself through prayer, fasting, and reading. She seemed hesitant but she accepted the challenge to read the book of mormon.. I can already see its power working in her life, and she seems a lot happier.. especially when she sees us. We are excited for her progression.

That's pretty much it this week.. We are taking things nice and smooth and really don't have any problems! I am loving my time here and cant wait to get back to work tomorrow!! I love you all so much back home and thank you for your prayers!
Elder Hansen

No comments: