Mar 1, 2011

~ Beautiful Beach~Golden Contact~






Hiya!!! as Kell would say haha... that word actually means "shy" in tagalog haha..

This week has been really good for elder Liddle and I. I will explain later but first our Zone Pday! It was so much fun.. we went to Pagbilao Beach and hung out. It was SO beautiful, By far the most beautiful beach I have ever been to in the Philippines, the water was warm, crystal clear, and the sand was bleach white.

We played volleyball on the beach and a sweet filipino dodgeball game. It was a lot of fun.. But I did get a little bit sunburnt! The beach we went to was on a tiny little island about an hour and a half off the coast of Cota, a city outside Lucena. We literally had an island to ourselves haha, and the entrance fee was only 50 pesos, or about $1.. Try to do that in america... You can't even get a cheese burger for a dollar in america. I love the Philippines haha. I uploaded some pics to my picasa account so put some up mom!

Now, on to the more important stuff.. the WORK..
I'll update you on Dariel first. He is doing so awesome!! He has read the book of mormon up until Alma and then he started it over again because he said he wants to understand everything he reads. He is memorizing the scripture mastery and sad to say, he is like better than me at them haha.. I was never one for memorizing. We went to him last wednesday and we seriously did not teach him at all.. We basically just answered questions from the things he read from the book of mormon and then he shared with us the things he is learning. Brother Dariel is honestly the most golden investigator I have ever had on my mission. We gave him a baptismal goal date for march 19 but we will probably move it closer depending on his progression. He came to church yesterday and he is bringing is friends with him and fellowshipping them . It's so awesome! We are so excited for them.
As for the cangas family.. They have had a little problem in their family. We went to them last saturday and when we got close to their house we saw nanay cangas standing ouside her gate and she basically told us that we should wait a little before we go back to them because her husband was drinking and they had got in a fight.. and when i say fight, i mean that the husband was beating nanay cangas.. That is the effect of alcohol. It made me so mad and sad.. All we could do was give her our number and tell her to call us if she was in trouble. I hope that we can make it back to them soon.
GOOD NEWS! We made it back to Sister Jeniffer and Bro Ray Nellasco this week.. they were the ones that had gone to Batangas and we hadn't seen them in like a week or so. We finally contacted them and taught them again. We got more serious about baptism with them and they said that they had talked about it together and they are not sure whether they want to or not... So, we just hit them with a big testimony and some promised blessings and left the decision up to them and left the spirit with them to guide them. I can't wait to go see them!
Also, these past couple weeks my companion and I have been trying to find new "friends" rather that just investigators. We have really been focusing on befriending them first. And for the past couple weeks our numbers have been few and the work has been hard. But it seemed to just explode this week. Elder Liddle and I basically take the same paths to our progressing investigators, and one of our goals was to meet everyone on those paths or on the way to the invesigators houses.. so it started out with a simple "Good morning" or a simple greeting to everyone, then a small conversation. Until finally this week when we were going to sister Jennifers house, I kid you not, we had 7 different people come up to us and ask us if we could teach them. And these people were truly interested in why we were always walking past their houses and saying hi to them. We got 7 new potential investigators in about 30 minutes.. It just took a couple of weeks of getting to know them. We are so excited to start teaching them and being their friends!
Also this week we taught an Iglesia ni Cristo member, her name is Lean (lay-ann).. First of all the Iglesia ni Cristo is like an enemy to the church haha.. they basically bash on the mormons more than i have ever seen... Anyways, so we met this 17 year old girl at Jolliebee who seemed to be confused with her life. She had run away from home and was living in a boarding house on a meager wage at a fast food resturaunt. We met her on Valentines day, or last Monday, and she just seemed sad.. Valentines day and that all of her friends had dates and just the girly drama stuff... So me and Elder Liddle decided to give her the best gift she has ever gotten... so we went home, got a Book of Mormon, and wrote our testimonies in it and gave it to her.. We were able to teach her about the Book of Mormon and she seemed very confused.. she tried to bible bash with us, but we kept the spirit strong and I think she accepted our message. We are hoping that she will continue to listen to us. I know the gospel can help her so much..
Anyways.. this is getting way long! and I gotta get back to the apartment to get some rest.. ZONE CON tomorrow! WOOT! haha
anyways I love you all!!
Elder Hansen

No comments: