Hello family, friends, and everyone else!!
This week for me has been quite stressful.. full of travel, meetings, service and a bunch of other things as well. So first off I'll start with ZLC (or Zone Leaders Coucil).. For you Noobs I'll explain what that is. It is a meeting that is held at the mission home for all of the Zone Leaders to discuss the concerns and how we can best help the mission move forward.. It is also where we create the "San Pablo Mission Training Plan".. The guide for missionaries from month to month. So last Thursday Elder Liddle and I traveled from Lucena to San Pablo to go to the mission home.. When we got there it was kinda weird because I am the youngest Zone Leader and everyone else is basically from the same batch.. But I had a lot of friends there too. So we got there and ate tuna sandwiches for lunch.. EWW.. I really don't like tuna but i muscled it down. Then we went straight in to the meeting where we discussed issues and concerns in the mission that we needed to resolve. I feel like a lot of issues were addressed but we didn't have enough time to address them all.
After the council the elders all got together with president and his wife and watched Toy Story 3.. It was a hilarious movie! Good times! After the movie all of the elders went to the church and played basketball together. It was a good time but my body was way sore after. Then i got the opportunity to sleep in the AP's apartment.. It is way fancy and PURE air conditioning.. It was the first time I slept in airconditioning for about a year and a half and holy mackroll it was cold.. it actually gave me a cold from sleeping there haha.. but its all good now..
As for our work this week it was pretty low cuz we spent two days at ZLC then another day in Mauban Lucena helping at a service project. The service was way beautiful.. but because it was so far away and we had a baptism to set up later that day we didnt get to stay long.. we probably served for like 20 mins then left to get back to lucena city.. it sucked but i got a lot of cool pictures and videos that I will upload later..
But as for Darren, the security guard, whenever we pass the bar place we always stop and talk to him.. it is so hard for us to find time to teach him cuz he sleeps in the day and works at night. But he sent us a text the other night saying that he is looking for another job so that he can come to church and continue his teaching with us. He is in 2nd Nephi in his reading and whenever we pass him by the bar he is standing there reading the Book of Mormon.. He is so awesome! And we finally found a time when we could teach him.. we will be going there this wednesday for our first formal discussion. I am so excited! Also Jennifer Nellasco and her family have been way busy as well and we werent able to reach them this week.. but her oldest son came to church. We are having a hard time getting a hold of them, we hope that we can reach them this week.
One thing that we also talked about in ZLC was the importance of members in our work. Elder Liddle and I have been trying to apply that and we met a new family! We have an appointment with them on tuesday so I'll let you know if they are keepers next week.
But as I have been telling my parents in the other emails I sent.. Being a ZL in a huge zone is pretty hard. Its hard to communicate and organize activities over an area that is so big.. Its kinda stressful at times but I am doing my best! I love serving and am having a great time!! I love all of you and hopefully this week We'll be able to focus more on our area rather than on other missionaries so much.. I love you all and keep the faith!!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment