
Hey peeps!!
This week in the great city of Lucena was a little better than last week... But, the work was not that great still.. First off, all we spent 2 days in San Pablo going to "Leadership Training Meeting".. It was great! I got to go back to San Pablo and visit a lot of my old investigators! But I didn't get to see the Tuazon Family.. I was so sad.. But it's all good. The important thing is that they are baptized and they know the truth :).. Training meeting was boring to me.. We do the same thing every time. Just listen to the same workshops over and over then do practice teaching... I don't get why we do it.. They say it's cuz in the MTC the missionaries there are being taught a "NEW CURRICULUM" and that the training meetings are so that the missionaries in the field can be taught it too.. For me I would rather be out in the field talking to real people and doing "real" teaching rather than practicing in a nice air-conditioned chapel... GRR>... Speaking of air conditioning.. I officially cannot live in it any more. The past two times that I have spent more than 5 hours in AC I have got a cold.. Last ZLC and the training meeting... That also slowed me and my comp down from what little time we had to work..
BUTTTT!!!!!! There was a friggin GREAT Napakalaking (gynormus, huge, very very large) blessing this week!! I GOT TO LISTEN TO THE PROPHETS SPEAK!!
Woot!!! Conference was the most trunky one yet! I usually get trunky around Conference time, but this one was especially trunky because first of all... It was my LAST conference in the mission (tear).. and second of all.. They all talked about Marrige (shudder)... I especially loved Elder Holland's talk when he expressed thanks to President Monson and showed such Christlike humility. Geezzz... He is such a good example.. Even though he is one of the most powerful men on earth, he has such great humility. I also liked the talk about "Doing something" and "Being something" it was so good. I didn't bring my notes with me but that is all I can really remember off the top of my head.. I can't wait to get it in the Liahona next month.
But as far as work goes.. We have had a lot of members working with us.. Yesterday, we had a couple of my recent converts "VemVem and LynLyn" work with us.. They are so awesome!! they have been my only baptisms in Lucena and they are so cool!
As for our investigators..
We visited Jennifer and Ray, and they are still having a hard time accepting Joseph Smith as a prophet, but she believes in the Book of Mormon.. We are trying to help her see that if the Book of Mormon is true.. than Joseph Smith is a true prophet and so on and so fourth.. We will keep praying for her.
As for Dariel.. No contact.. Don't know where he lives now.. we are just hoping he texts us and we will keep trying to text him. Its so hard sometimes here to keep in contact with people. I think he has no money to pay for his phone so he cant text us.
As for Gerildine and sister Jane.. We finished the Plan of Salvation with them and they are progressing quite nicely.. Just wish they would've come to church to hear Conference but oh well.... Sister Gerildine is opening up more to us and becoming more friendly.. She is a very shy person and we are enjoying getting to know her better.
Me and my companion also got to go on a split this week so he visited some of our investigators in the far far away places while I stayed in the city to work.. From his report the investigators out there are doing just fine too.
Well people.. I really don"t have much time.. as I spent almost half my internet time on the phone with Chase Bank clearing up an issue.. I gotta go yallz and I will write again next week..
xiempre.. heheheh
Loves,
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment