Hello there people!!
Alas, Easter has come and gone without my knowledge... I'll catch you next year.
This week once again was another shaky week for us... The reason: It was Holy Week... Yes, I do justify the fact that the week was bad based upon that fact.. Being in an almost completely Catholic community it is hard to spread the message of another faith during their "Holy Week".. It's really funny how Satan really flips the meaning of holidays around here in the Philippines.. It was supposed to be "Holy Week"... But it really felt like "Hell Week".. .I have never seen more sin, and more abominations in one week on my mission than I have in this past week. It is really sad that on a week where were supposed to reflect on the Savior's sacrifice for us, the people here just drink and worship idols rather than sanctifying themselves and remembering Jesus himself.. Not some carved impression of him... Elder Centeno and I didn't tract at all this week because everyone we went to was either drunk or wanted to fight us.. It was quite scary at times being outside. We made a focus to visit members and part member families.. We went to one family, The Olivas, and have started teaching their daughter Toni, I think I told you last week... But she is progressing great! She read our assignment and came to church on sunday along with our deaf investigators...
On Sunday, I had a great experience.. I am gonna get it from the email I sent my Dad.. So bare with me..
As for my highlight of the week.. it was yesterday when we were teaching our deaf investigators. I really felt the gift of tongues.. or in this case, hands.. in my testimony.. So, as you know we have been teaching deaf people and I have been brushing up on my ASL. and this past Sunday, I was able to bear my testimony to them and say what I wanted to say to them.. and I really can understand when the deaf people are signing. After my testimony, one of our investigators stood up and bore his testimony as well and thanked us missionaries for caring about everyone and for not fighting with other religions and such and it was just really touching,I felt the spirit very strong.. I really don't know this brothers name cuz he just uses a sign name, but he is way cool! He is on track for baptism.... I really feel the Lord uplifting me and using me as an instrument to help these deaf people. It is truly a blessing.
I really don't have much time so I'll try to sum this week up in a few more sentences...
Just imagine an Easter without the bunnies, but with weird naked/drunk people running around in the streets partying and throwing water on each other.. than later that night going to the church to worship a big statue. That was this week.. Drunk people...
I am so grateful for the knowledge and clarity that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ gives each member of the church. It keeps us safe from false traditions and close to the lord. I am grateful also for our living prophet who tells us specifically whats up and how to do things so that we need not wonder. I love this work and will continue to fulfill my calling the best i can... Gahh.. Pray for the people in my area.. Then pray for me
Love you guys
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment